The New Raith Rovers Thread

My son only started going towards end of last season and kids sizes were sold out. The database is well over 2,500 people yet only six replies?.
The atmosphere yesterday was really flat and fans just can't wait to jump on players backs. Bobby Barr had a poor game but some fanny to the left of me was yelling at him telling him he was shite for half the game. Really contributing to the cause that

Right! Own up! Who on P&B replied?

Six people. To be fair, how many of the 2,500 people actually open those e-mails? My e-mail account gets that many nuisance e-mails that I generally only look at it once every couple of weeks and mass delete the dross.

On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 17:28, Varna Rover said:

our weakness today is clear. davidson and callaghan. they need rested for a while.

Davidson was immense.  2 mistakes all game.

22 hours ago, ac-rrfc said:

Some overreactions hereemoji23.png worst performance in years and all that pish is laughable. We were poor but other than alloas goal they never really looked like a threat.

Spot on.

Pity he created sweet f**k all for the front men in the entire game.

Davidson is better as a defensive midfielder. If people are looking for him to be a creative midfielder then they'll undoubtedly be disappointed.

Are we asking Davidson to be that man this season?

17 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

So you weren't at the game? Then obviously you can't see how bad it was.

Barr and Johnstone did f*ck all, all game.

M'Voto looked like a pub team player.

Bene as solid as ever!

Davo was shockingly bad yesterday.

Vaughan really did nothing all game.

McManus at least looks like he could be a decent addition as long as he gets the service.

Callachan was probably one of our better players yesterday... That's when you know we were shite when he was one of the better ones.

Mchattie pissed me off the whole game with him constantly trying to do the same thing, collecting the ball from infield and then turning to play it down the wing. 3 times in 5 mins, the Alloa boy intercepted that same ball from Mchattie.

Coustrain looks decent, once again.

Skacel looks not too bad, it was obvious to see though that he's still not match fit yet. He'll score a couple of raspers this season though with his left peg..

Osei would have been the player I'd have brought on instead of Stewart.

And also I still have no idea why Ross Matthews was dropped yesterday..? He was the highlight of pre-season, and early cup games. Future captain right there. It looks to me that Davo is un-droppable for some reason. Matthews is a cracking young player, yet doesn't get in for an ageing Centre-half playing CM or a player that hasn't been on form in 2016.. Weird decision.( Predictive text :( )

Nope wasn't at the game,  I love in the south west of England so can only get to a select few every season. I do listen on Raith abroad but unfortunately couldn't make this game. Watching the highlights,  when it worked the passing game was lovely. Maybe it wasn't as pretty at the game but I can only go on what I have seen on the highlights 

Davidson was pressed on as the match wore on with Callachan staying back, which seemed odd. Coincidentally (or not) Davidson didn't play nearly as badly as that in the whole of last season.

Hoping yesterday's performance was a fluke, but comparisons with the Alloa defeat in January are unfair - we missed a tonne of chances that night. We barely created any yesterday.

Hopefully a wake up call for players and management.

18 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Davidson is better as a defensive midfielder. If people are looking for him to be a creative midfielder then they'll undoubtedly be disappointed.

Are we asking Davidson to be that man this season?

If you'd been at the game you'd have noted that we had very little to defend, to the point that towards the end we had only two or three at the back. Davidson was free to play much more of a forward role but as usual, all his passing and all his runs were sideways. On the rare occasion that he did pass it forward it was up in the air which resulted in possession being lost. The service from the centre of midfield was so bad McManus had to come back there in the second half to get the ball and take it forward.

On the other hand Alloa's midfield created more for their forwards with much less of the ball. Oh for a Jon Robertson type who can pick a pass.

Just dreadful.

Incidentally, I've seen a few folk who said M'Voto was poor. Was I the only one who thought he did ok? He had a slip by the touchline to give away a goal, and got caught out for the goal but thats more down to the pass. Other than that he won pretty much everything Ann's answered any questions asked.

3 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Incidentally, I've seen a few folk who said M'Voto was poor. Was I the only one who thought he did ok? He had a slip by the touchline to give away a goal, and got caught out for the goal but thats more down to the pass. Other than that he won pretty much everything Ann's answered any questions asked.

We probably get a better view of games on RA with the advantage of instant playbacks. Mvoto won every ball in the air yesterday. Clearly he,s not fully match fit but he is still a solid defender and generally played quite well.

If you'd been at the game you'd have noted that we had very little to defend, to the point that towards the end we had only two or three at the back. Davidson was free to play much more of a forward role but as usual, all his passing and all his runs were sideways. On the rare occasion that he did pass it forward it was up in the air which resulted in possession being lost. The service from the centre of midfield was so bad McManus had to come back there in the second half to get the ball and take it forward.

On the other hand Alloa's midfield created more for their forwards with much less of the ball. Oh for a Jon Robertson type who can pick a pass.

Just dreadful.

So again, you're annoyed that Davidson hasn't turned into a midfield maestro?

Can I interest you in some magic beans?