The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

" I hope he gets the reception he deserves" when referring to McKinnon. :lol::lol:

Don't worry Gary! He'll definitely get the reception he deserves.. :lol:

That's slightly misleading isn't it? He does say he did a great job and left a good squad. McKinnon is a big part of the reason you're doing well this season so Rovers fans should all be thankful.

That's slightly misleading isn't it? He does say he did a great job and left a good squad. McKinnon is a big part of the reason you're doing well this season so Rovers fans should all be thankful.

Are you still attending Rovers games?

Just pack the Pars in and buy a season ticket. We're the best team in Fife.

Misleading how?

Line-up from Saturday

Aaron Lennox - Gary Locke

Jason Thomson - John McGlynn
Kyle Benedictus - Ray McKinnon
Jean Yves M'Voto - Gary Locke
Kevin McHattie - Gary Locke

Ross Matthews - Rovers youth
Ross Callachan - Rovers youth
Jordan Thomson - Gary Locke
Bobby Barr - Ray McKinnon initially but Gary Locke pushed it over the line when Barr could still opt out..

Lewis Vaughan - Rovers youth
Declan McManus - Gary Locke

Subs

Mark Stewart - Grant Murray
Rudi Skacel - Gary Locke
Scott Roberts - Gary Locke

Other players to have played a part this season

Iain Davidson - Ray McKinnon but would have signed for us regardless of who was manager..
Kevin Cuthbert - Grant Murray

So please let me know how we should be thankful of McKinnon for the team we have this season? :lol:

McKinnon in the Courier. "Can't wait for the match tomorrow. I know most of their players inside out so have a good handle on them and there will definitely be a few at Raith keen to impress, without naming names"

He is also anticipating an "enormous" crowd of 8,000.

Edited by Martin Nelson

12 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

McKinnon in the Courier. "Can't wait for the match tomorrow. I know most of their players inside out so have a good handle on them and there will definitely be a few at Raith keen to impress, without naming names"

He is also anticipating an "enormous" crowd of 8,000.

I doubt if he knows half our squad so i suggest he is looking possibly for excuses before the game.:whistle

34 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Misleading how?

Line-up from Saturday

Bobby Barr - Ray McKinnon initially but Gary Locke pushed it over the line when Barr could still opt out..

Subs

Rudi Skacel - Gary Locke

Iain Davidson - Ray McKinnon but would have signed for us regardless of who was manager..

So please let me know how we should be thankful of McKinnon for the team we have this season? :lol:

You are absolutely raging at an obvious fishing attempt. If you're better off without the guy, why are you so upset at him? Is it because he might sign more of your players before the window closes?

26 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Misleading how?

Line-up from Saturday

Subs

Rudi Skacel - Gary Locke

Was thinking the same the other day, at the very most I'd admit that we'd be a very different side without Bene & Barr (Bobby, not chocolate).

53 minutes ago, Varna Rover said:

I doubt if he knows half our squad so i suggest he is looking possibly for excuses before the game.:whistle

He does to be fair. Of the 17 man squad from Saturday, he worked directly with 8 of them (7, if you don't include Bobby Barr, but he knows him of old, anyway) and knows McManus as well, him having played for Morton against McKinnon's Brechin and Raith sides and let's not forget trying to sign McManus for Raith in January of last year. That number would also be higher but for injuries to Davidson, C.Barr and Robertson.

1 hour ago, mr mince said:

Was thinking the same the other day, at the very most I'd admit that we'd be a very different side without Bene & Barr (Bobby, not chocolate).

Yeah, it's a weird one that mcKinnon hasn't left a bigger fingerprint on the squad, but I suppose he'd more or less punted all his own poor signings, and most of the good ones either left or were on loan anyway. The number in the whole squad wouldbe a wee bit higher but for Robertson and Davidson's injuries I guess. Quite amusing that there's as many Murray signings in that squad as McKinnon ones.

The real heartening thing is the fact that the three boys who've come through the youth system look like integral parts of the current team, and while mcKinnon will have worked with most of these guys in some capacity, Locke is using Calalchan and Matthews (for example) in a bit of a different role to what he did.

Edited by renton

I'd prefer to see the fans use any fan energy to get behind the current regime than spend it booing McKinnon/Toshney. We're doing well under Locke thus far and if we continue to do well then McKinnon will quickly be a distant memory. 

I'd prefer to see the fans use any fan energy to get behind the current regime than spend it booing McKinnon/Toshney. We're doing well under Locke thus far and if we continue to do well then McKinnon will quickly be a distant memory. 

I agree with your last sentence but can we not do both? Not going to lie, I'd love to get it up the pair of them tomorrow, that's what football is all about.

29 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We have apparently signed Josh McDonald, on a part time deal from East Kilbride. Don't know what position he plays. All I know is he's an 18 yr old wonderkid apparently :lol:

Defender by the looks of it.

32 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

We have apparently signed Josh McDonald, on a part time deal from East Kilbride. Don't know what position he plays. All I know is he's an 18 yr old wonderkid apparently :lol:

see here. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/east-kilbride-fc-starlet-josh-8702217

Was just thinking this is probably the youngest Rovers side I can ever remember, with Vaughan, Matthews and Callachan having come from our own youth set up and even the loan players like Thompson and McManus being youngsters. Average age of the starting XI tomorrow will be 23, as it was last week.

With experience sitting injured at the moment the players in the side are showing they're worth it. Hopefully continues tomorrow...

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Was just thinking this is probably the youngest Rovers side I can ever remember, with Vaughan, Matthews and Callachan having come from our own youth set up and even the loan players like Thompson and McManus being youngsters. Average age of the starting XI tomorrow will be 23, as it was last week.

With experience sitting injured at the moment the players in the side are showing they're worth it. Hopefully continues tomorrow...

Until we sub on Rudi. If he replaces Vaughan he adds a whole year and 4 months to the average age by himself :lol:

Edited by renton