The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

It could be a 98th minute penalty with the foul happening over a foot outside the box, and it still be 0 wins in 12. We wanted rid of Murray as he had 3 wins in 20. How many wins has Locke had in his last 20 games? Gary Locke now has 3 wins in his last 21 games at the minute. Lose on Saturday then that will get a lot, lot worse.

I don't mean he should get weeks and weeks, but he should be given a little time. If our position gets any worse over the next 3 or 4 games then it should be curtains for him. If we suffer a heavy defeat this weekend, then it should also be curtains. If the team look disinterested, then that says something about him motivational skills and again - he should be punted. If we put in a valiant effort but fail this week, then I think that gets him another shot the week after and obviously if we were to win he should still be here. 

I don't mean he should get weeks and weeks, but he should be given a little time. If our position gets any worse over the next 3 or 4 games then it should be curtains for him. If we suffer a heavy defeat this weekend, then it should also be curtains. If the team look disinterested, then that says something about him motivational skills and again - he should be punted. If we put in a valiant effort but fail this week, then I think that gets him another shot the week after and obviously if we were to win he should still be here. 

Our next 3 games after Dumbarton are Dundee United away, Morton at home and Hibs at home. We are not beating Hibs and Dundee United and with Morton's form this season, I reckon we'll fail there as well. That would then be 3 wins in 25 games.

I don't understand how you can even come close to justify him still being here?

How can the club then ask for fans to buy season tickets for next season when the season before we have been subjected to utter tripe? Keeping him on will hurt the club financially. At the minute, I won't be renewing my season ticket for next season, and I suspect that I won't be the only one, unless the board act quickly, and doesn't lie to us about having a list of quality candidates next time then appointing a manager who only has failure on his CV.

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 14:58, Michael W said:

I've always found the Courier to be very reliable when it comes to the Rovers, much like the FFP. In terms of online only, Deadline News are really good as well. 

I agree - it's because the FFP, Courier and Capital City religiously attend every weekly press call that RRFC schedule, from pre-season through to playoffs.

The bigger papers only attend when we have a higher profile game coming up, and so tend to focus on the big story in the buildup (a la Rudi Skacel back page spread in the Record & Sun last week :o)

It also means that the FFP, Courier and CCP's rapport with the Rovers coaches and players is more well established than the national papers...

Edited by Niall Russell

2 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Our next 3 games after Dumbarton are Dundee United away, Morton at home and Hibs at home. We are not beating Hibs and Dundee United and with Morton's form this season, I reckon we'll fail there as well. That would then be 3 wins in 25 games.

I don't understand how you can even come close to justify him still being here?

How can the club then ask for fans to buy season tickets for next season when the season before we have been subjected to utter tripe? Keeping him on will hurt the club financially. At the minute, I won't be renewing my season ticket for next season, and I suspect that I won't be the only one, unless the board act quickly, and doesn't lie to us about having a list of quality candidates next time then appointing a manager who only has failure on his CV.

Whist I agree that out run is poor and would have seen him out after the Falkirk game, the board didn't agree. He's still here. Two good performances against a team from a higher league means he won't get sacked prior to Dumbarton. Now the Dumbarton result is crucial, but for me, the performance is equally as important. The commitment of the players and to a lesser extent the tactics, have been a gripe of mine in recent weeks, maybe the last couple of games have been a breakthrough. I doubt it, but Locke should be given a short amount of time to prove it. 

If we lose, and play poorly - that the last strike and he should go. If we lose but are competitive and beaten by a better team on the day, then he gets another one. I think it will be the former, but I don't think the board will act. 

Locke seems very good at getting his teams up for games that matter to him. The Hearts, Hibs and United games this season should have been out most difficult, but we are yet to lose in 90 minutes. These games are high profile and matter to him and the players. He needs to be better at encouraging the players to do well in games that he doesn't care about as much. Dumbarton, Ayr, QotS etc. 

One thing I certainly wasn't doing last night is chanting his name, but his tactics, motivation and the general application of the players was much better. If he can take this into the 2nd half of the season, like McKinnon. To put things into a little perspective, we were on 28 points at this time last season. If we win on Saturday we are on exactly the same points as we were at the equivalent number of games last season. Whilst I'm not saying we will go on an incredible run - things are maybe not as bad as we think. 

If we lose to Dumbarton, you can guarantee that he'll reference the tired legs. But you'd expect to rotate our players to try to negate this. An example could be bringing in Coustrain to help the tired legs. I doubt that will happen though. Would be happy to see Hardie start up top given he's looked like he's hungry to get game time and prove any doubters from earlier this season wrong.

We're nowhere near a sacking for Locke yet. That just seems like wishful thinking from some fans. I can't see the Board taking action unless things are really catastrophic. At the moment we are still floating about between the good play-offs and the bad play-offs.

The last two games showed that the team are playing for him. We just need to get that elusive 3 points. The midfield seems to be sorting itself out and with that there are some signs the forwards are sorting themselves out. The Cat is back on form. Centre defence is okay. Just the full back positions causing some concern.

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

We haven't won in almost three months; that's hardly a "drop of a hat". 

He clearly isn't going to be sacked yet for reasons we've done to death, but it really isn't good enough at all and we have to win soon. 

We haven't won in 4 months....when do we play each other? Should be some laugh. 

I fully expect us to revert back to type this weekend and put in another lacklustre performance in the league.

Lose on Saturday and I think it will be a case of when Locke is sacked than if, but a convincing win could provide us with a springboard to salvage some respectability this season.

I'm curious to see if the slump will be over and we'll pick up form in February again. That's what usually happens.

The return of BeckenBarr is our version of the first Cuckoo. When you see BeckenBarr back playing you know the winter slump is over.

The two games v Hearts (despite them being below par) has proven our players are capable.

Scottish Cup games at Tynecastle are easy to 'get up for'.  A team of full time professionals should be putting the same effort and commitment into the bread and butter league games. They played at a high intensity for 120mins, is it to much to ask for the same for 90mins v a part time team that might struggle to live with the pace? I don't think so and it is up to Locke to get the right team picked to play the right way at a higher tempo than of late in the league. Our squad is big, our players are full time athletes, I don't want to hear one single thing about 'weary legs' caused by a game played on the Wednesday.

Its not totally impossible that we have had a horrible sticky patch that we can come out of and still finish top four. It is also possible that we continue as we have done and end up in a relegation battle. The result of this game v Dumbarton could be a serious pointer in either direction.

i think we are good enough to win it comfortably, I think we SHOULD win the game, if we don't then Locke should be under serious pressure, a glorious failure in cup is nowhere near enough to gloss over our recent league form

giphy.gif

If the priest is up for pissing in each corner then all the better. Nothing stronger at getting rid of curses than priest piss.

We should probably also excavate the entire site to check for buried Pars tops. I would also advocate a candlelit vigil.

I'm think human sacrifice too. Maybe burn a Pars fan at the stake at the next Derby match. HT entertainment? Playlist - I'm On Fire by Kasabian, Spirit in the Sky - Doctor and the Medics, 666 Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden.