The New Raith Rovers Thread

25 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Barry Ferguson. !!!! I wouldn't give him an interview, let alone the managers post.

He's clearly a gash manager who will struggle to get a job after Clyde, but the media will tout him for everything

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

That's somewhat selective. For the other 90% of Calderwood's managerial career he was given bucket loads of cash. 

His last post in 2014 lasted only 4 weeks. Prior to that he had a 6 week stint in 2012.

In summary 90% of his career was between 1999 and 2009, with the remaining 10% from 2010 to 2014. His last meaningful post was at Ross County and that ended in May 2011, almost 6 years ago.

That somewhat selective,surely you need to take someone's whole CV into account.

Anyhoos I reckon he,d do a job even in the short term

Spence saying on Sportsound that we're looking for someone with a bit more experience rather than a younger coach for now. 

No danger I'd take Calderwood. As mentioned, he's only been successful with money. Also, he's been out the game in Scotland since 2011. It would reek of another appointment like Locke, where it's a job for a familiar face from the early 2000s who isn't the right fit for taking us forward. 

22 minutes ago, rw89 said:

Spence saying on Sportsound that we're looking for someone with a bit more experience rather than a younger coach for now. 

An experienced manager until the end of the season clearly makes the most sense. Imagine we paid money to lure Darren Young away from Albion Rovers, gave him an 18-month deal, and he got us relegated. A pay off for Locke, a fee for Young and barely any season ticket holders. A real nightmare scenario.

An unattached manager who is relatively experienced has to be the strong favourite. Most likely on a deal to the end of the season, perhaps with some form of clause triggering a 12 month extension if they hit it. 

My gut feeling says Danny Lennon will be our next manager. Not that he's who I'd be looking for, but he's an ex-player who was popular and is an experienced manager. 

We do need to be careful with how we bring someone in - we could still be relegated, which ironically partially vindicate Locke as it would show it the players aren't good enough. However, he did sign 16 players so would remain mostly culpable.

We simply cannot afford to sack another manager this calendar year. I do think we should look at getting someone to the end of the season and take it from there. Trouble is, the lack of security afforded will put many off. 

Affordability might not be a factor for a manager who has been watching Loose Women and Judge Rinder for an extended period of months... They might just be glad to take up a bit of a challenge and put themselves in the shop window. If it doesn't pan out too well, they can blame Gary Locke. Everyone's a winner!

But who is available that's an unattached and experienced manager that is also affordable..?

Suddenly the list gets very short on suitable candidates.

I'd love it to be Hughes. It'll probably be Mixu. I also think our new manager will be in before Hibs a week on Saturday.

Won't be anywhere near the length of time it took for McKinnon or Locke.