The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

What an utterly bizarre thing to get bent out of shape about. As has already been pointed out, the line up we faced at the start of the season is very different to the starting line up Dunfermline have had since they've started performing better.

Whether they're new signings or not is irrelevant. The point being made was we beat Dunfermline when they were far weaker than they are now. Really not seeing why you've taken such issue with that.

The initial post said we'd signed several players and this was why we'd improved. In reality, we have almost the same squad. Perhaps I'm worng but I'd imagine it was also a dig as "the Pars always spend their way out of trouble"

Either way, pointing out that someone is telling a fib is not "utterly bizarre".

11 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

The initial post said we'd signed several players and this was why we'd improved. In reality, we have almost the same squad. Perhaps I'm worng but I'd imagine it was also a dig as "the Pars always spend their way out of trouble"

Either way, pointing out that someone is telling a fib is not "utterly bizarre".

You may well be correct but I think it's more likely you are just being overly precious.

I think the main point of the post was to further highlight Locke's failings and show that even our 'impressive start' wasn't actually that impressive rather than any sort of sly dig at Dunfermline.

41 minutes ago, tigger said:

Paper chat reckoning Gary Holt in with a shout along with Stevie Aitken, Danny Lennon and Jonaton Johanson who is an outside shot

You boys could do a lot worse than Holt.  Has Skacel been mutually consented yet? I doubt he will play professional football again.  Which is of course a wee shame. 

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Was this a joke? Rovers are a wee team so the Fife Cup may actually mean something down Pratt Street.

:lol:  Hilarious, comedy gold!!

The last time Dunfermline won a Cup worth talking about they still had black and white TV's in Dunfermline i.e. the 1960's :lol:

34 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

You boys could do a lot worse than Holt.  Has Skacel been mutually consented yet? I doubt he will play professional football again.  Which is of course a wee shame. 

Not yet but I would be surprised if it doesn't happen.

I can't see him kicking a ball for us again anyway.

It was somehow fitting that Locke's last desperate throw of the dice on Tuesday was bringing on Skacel. I don't think he even touched the ball after he came on.

Young's comments at least show that the board had been unhappy for a couple of weeks with results. Maybe there was a bit of an ultimatum before the match (which I don't agree with) but at least they'd noted their concerns prior to that. Young is absolutely right with what he says. 

I'm not surprised Easton has ruled himself out either. Seems like he's really enjoying what he's doing as well, which is good to see.

The remarks about Locke being a good guy and the players being gutted are interesting. Perhaps to get on better, a manager has to be just a wee bit of a b*****d? So in that regard I hope they don't ask Cuthbert or Jason Thomson what they want in a manager again!

Edited by Michael W

1 hour ago, Wee Sandy said:

:lol:  Hilarious, comedy gold!!

The last time Dunfermline won a Cup worth talking about they still had black and white TV's in Dunfermline i.e. the 1960's :lol:

Love the "i.e the 1960's". Not just the unnecessary apostrophe but also including that bit at the end in case anyone didn't understand your gag. 

34 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

e correctlyLove the "i.e the 1960's". Not just the unnecessary apostrophe but also including that bit at the end in case anyone didn't understand your gag. 

:lol:  Another obsessed debt dodger.......and you spelt apostrophe correctly,impressive!! :lol:

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I've heard from a very reliable source that Barry Robson will be interviewed in the coming days.

Yup I heard the same thing, a mate of mines brother is in Grampian CID.

Naughty Baz!