The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Have to be careful but it was in general being less complimentary to the support of a newish football club in the West of Scotland. 

Worthy of applause not a ban. 

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Appreciate that it's easy to criticise individuals from afar but even away from all the Locke stuff, I would seriously question the performance of our CEO. To me a Chief Executive has to be a good communicator, a motivator of people, someone who can instill confidence and ultimately inspire an organisation. Someone who can lead from the front. 

I have no doubt that Eric is Rovers through and through and has good organisational qualities and knows the SFA committee system, but is he really cut out to be chief executive of a football club?  If we are being honest he possesses none of the qualities above. You just need to look at his slightly stumbling, awkward interview about McKinnon on Alba on Saturday. Pretty much every other contributor spoke more effectively than him, including Kyle Benedictus. Appreciate it's a pointless discussion as we don't have the cash to pay a proper CEO, but long term I'd like to see someone with drive and charisma in the post to create a bit more energy around the club. 

Drysdale has also been involved through all our disasters over the past 20 years. McVeigh and Hetherston, the Glasgow Mob, Claude Anelka, the refusal to sack Murray and now Locke. How he is still involved I have no idea.

There should also be a more general question of the business abilities of our board. Whilst they are all undoubtedly Rovers fans most haven't worked in a business and so are not used to having to make these decisions. They are also not used to having to start or build a business and unfortunately, these days, football clubs cannot be treated differently.

There is also the question of judgement call and I have lost faith in Drysdale for one being able to make the correct judgement, especially after the rant at fans last month. 

3 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Drysdale has also been involved through all our disasters over the past 20 years. McVeigh and Hetherston, the Glasgow Mob, Claude Anelka, the refusal to sack Murray and now Locke. How he is still involved I have no idea.

There should also be a more general question of the business abilities of our board. Whilst they are all undoubtedly Rovers fans most haven't worked in a business and so are not used to having to make these decisions. They are also not used to having to start or build a business and unfortunately, these days, football clubs cannot be treated differently.

There is also the question of judgement call and I have lost faith in Drysdale for one being able to make the correct judgement, especially after the rant at fans last month. 

Sounds like a bit like Petrie.  

5 minutes ago, Caskie Rover said:

John Hughes fav on McBookie at 4/6 emoji102.png

Darren Young was 1/5 earlier. They follow the money to cover themselves and give back a profitable market at all times. Most likely some mug punter somewhere has slapped a hundred quid down at 16/1 or something, so they don't want anyone else betting on him.

This is also what I told myself when Gary Locke went down to below evens, right enough. 

24 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

It's been heavily rumoured on twitter today including from a a couple of reporters that we're keen on Lee McCulloch.

Surely we won't replace Gary Locke with his assistant from last season?

Hughes or Murray would do me. One would be cheaper than the other obviously but, as has been pointed out, Murray took over Dumbarton in a bad spot and breezed it to safety. He has experience without being in the 'has been' experienced gang.

As for Locke, I hold no ill feeling towards him but don't think there was any way he could have stayed. Catastrophic run of results and performances.

Certainly goes against the "experience" thing that Spence was talking about earlier.

Too much of a gamble for just now, we just need someone to see us through til the end of the season in no worse than 8th. 

Wouldn't take much notice in to what Spence is saying about it tbh.

It looks as if people are dismissing McCulloch because of his days as a player. Is that really enough to completely dismiss someone as a manager once his playing days are over? :lol:

19 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Certainly goes against the "experience" thing that Spence was talking about earlier.

Too much of a gamble for just now, we just need someone to see us through til the end of the season in no worse than 8th. 

Ian Murray saved Dumbarton.  He could do the same for Raith.

How come i've a feeling it will be some cunt like Alex Rae :lol: 

15 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Wouldn't take much notice in to what Spence is saying about it tbh.

It looks as if people are dismissing McCulloch because of his days as a player. Is that really enough to completely dismiss someone as a manager once his playing days are over? :lol:

Spence is pretty close to the club I think.

Every manager is a gamble. Especially at our level where the potential pool of quality appointments gets less and less.  Maybe even more so seeing that we will have to sort out compo to Locke and Jackson.

But if we appoint somebody with some kind of track record and it still doesent work out, then thats one thing.  If we appoint somebody with no managerial experience and it doesent work out, thats harder to justify/accept. You cant take the risk away in our position, but you can certainly make the gamble more calculated.