The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I see McBookie have taken my totally made up Barry Robson shout seriously and added him to the list at 25/1. 

:lol:

IMG-20170209-WA0005.jpg

It gets worse, Gary Bollan has gone from not listed to 4th favourite after someone posted saying it was strange he wasn't included in the betting...

7 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Please don't respond about them being FUDDs during that time. 

I don't remember the exact date it became the championship either so just leave out the pedantic reply if it was division one still at the time. 

What an odd reply to a very straightforward question!!

I simply could not recall them winning the Championship and you come back with this, so actually they did not win the Championship, thanks for pointing out your faux pas.

As regards pedanticity,.I think you got it to a tee champ, congratulations!!

2 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Sure Ray McKinnon was part time with Brechin City prior to him coming to Raith?

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Your most succesful manager in recent seasons came from part-time, where from the outside he looked to be doing a fairly average job. Dumbarton's most successful manager in decades came with absolutely no experience of management at any level. We were completely marooned at the bottom when he was appointed.

Experience, IMO, isn't always a good thing. Any appointment is a gamble, it shouldn't just come down to what sort of a level they have previously managed at.

FWIW I think Young would be a good appointment, if Aitken was to leave us he'd be my top pick for the Sons job.

But Mckinnon or whoever else didn't take over the side mid season when on a 4 month winless run with a squad full of shit and no chance to bring new players in. I am all for giving managers from the lower leagues a chance but not in our current situation. imo we need someone who has been about and who knows what it takes to win games in this league. 

What an odd reply to a very straightforward question!!
I simply could not recall them winning the Championship and you come back with this, so actually they did not win the Championship, thanks for pointing out your faux pas.

I was on the pitch at Greenock for nothing, correct [emoji1]

9 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I see McBookie have taken my totally made up Barry Robson shout seriously and added him to the list at 25/1. 

:lol:

I remember laughing at them when they rapidly started shortening the odds on Gary Locke in May.

:(

2 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Pedantry. Not pedanticity. 

But Mckinnon or whoever else didn't take over the side mid season when on a 4 month winless run with a squad full of shit and no chance to bring new players in. I am all for giving managers from the lower leagues a chance but not in our current situation. imo we need someone who has been about and who knows what it takes to win games in this league. 

Ian Murray joined us when we were in a fuckin horrific state. Far worse than your current situation. We had 1 win in the bank. He turned a squad full of shit into a team who played fast flowing, attractive football. We didn't just shitfest our way to scraping survival, we absolutely breezed it in the end, playing some of the best football I've ever seen at Dumbarton. He did have a January window but he didn't actually make all that many changes, just turned the players we already had into a good unit.

Again, it makes absolutely no difference whether a gaffer has experience at a higher level or not. For every failure there's a success story and vice versa.

The date below is not correct. This was how things stood on 12th May 2016, about a week before Locke was appointed. That CV of his and his strong performance at interview did him a power of good, not to mention his knowledge of sports sciences, his innovative use of video coverage, his ability to work within a budget and last but not least his ability to pull the wool over the board's eyes.

CiP4AJ_W0AAPC6F.jpg