The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've got a horrible feeling about this appointment. The board will be absolutely shitting themselves about getting the right man in, so much so that I fear they're going to just go for the most experienced candidate at the expense of everything else. If they appoint a dinosaur and we go down it could be a long time til we recover given our current crowds. Imagine how awful they'd be when we've got Peterhead at home on a Tuesday instead of Morton.

7 hours ago, Wardy said:

McKinnon used video analysis last season, because my brother and I did the tagging. Why do you think we managed to get into the promotion play-offs in the first place? :lol::lol: 

Back in John McGlynn's time there was a guy at Dalgety Bay that did video analysis, I spoke to him a couple of times when I caught the training sessions.

I think it would be preferable to get someone in short term to keep us up then move on to a longer term appointment in the summer. The likes of Lennon and Hughes would fit the bill for a temporary appointment, if interested, but longer term someone like Young, Bollan or Aitken would be decent appointments.

3 minutes ago, Martin Nelson said:

I think it would be preferable to get someone in short term to keep us up then move on to a longer term appointment in the summer. The likes of Lennon and Hughes would fit the bill for a temporary appointment, if interested, but longer term someone like Young, Bollan or Aitken would be decent appointments.

Are you sure you'd want Lennon? He did a Locke at Alloa at the start of the 2015-16 season, taking only 5 points from a possible 48. He then walked away in December 2015.

Are you sure you'd want Lennon? He did a Locke at Alloa at the start of the 2015-16 season, taking only 5 points from a possible 48. He then walked away in December 2015.

He initially took the job on a short term basis the season before and kept them up. From memory he made some dodgy summer signings which led to their troubles the season after.

Because of that I would be less keen on him taking the job permanently but reckon he could make the necessary short term improvements to keep us safe.

2 hours ago, dolce gusto said:

What about Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton? He's managed arguably the best two performing part time teams in the last few years and on only two nights training and a fraction of the budget. I'm not a fan of either club but just a keen fan with an unbiased opinion.

Someone in Stevie Aitken's situation would need to be really ambitious to make the step up.  I understand he is in a mid-management role locally at Rolls Royce, and this together with what we are paying him will be a reasonable income.  Given that he is currently well thought of at DFC and he has just appointed Ian Durrant as assistant, for various reasons it would be quite a commitment right now to go to Raith, always with the possibility that by December, say, you could be out of work - totally.

2 hours ago, dolce gusto said:

What about Stevie Aitken at Dumbarton? He's managed arguably the best two performing part time teams in the last few years and on only two nights training and a fraction of the budget. I'm not a fan of either club but just a keen fan with an unbiased opinion.

A myth that he's had a small budget. There are boys on good money at Dumbarton 

1 hour ago, Dynamo 2013 said:

Bottom line is it's much less. Dumbarton part time club. Raith full time club with a much larger fan base, sponsorship etc...

Not much less on player budget if any at all.

With a full time club comes full time costs such as training facilities, physics coaches etc. 

Not be much in it per player.

Aitken has done away with 20's to make up for fact he'd spent too much on wages. Raith still have 20's so money has to be spread thinner.

There are players on upwards of £600 pw at Dumbarton 

17 minutes ago, Yoda8 said:

Not much less on player budget if any at all.

With a full time club comes full time costs such as training facilities, physics coaches etc. 

Not be much in it per player.

Aitken has done away with 20's to make up for fact he'd spent too much on wages. Raith still have 20's so money has to be spread thinner.

There are players on upwards of £600 pw at Dumbarton 

Lewis is liking his time there a lot, he's been injured the past couple of weeks and I can now say he's not upset at the managerial situation at Raith but Aitken would go down well.  Probably preferably if he didn't have to give Sam Stanton a lift to training although he would be good match for Raith too. 

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Really don't envy the decision your board faces. This appointment is a fuck up waiting to happen unless they get really lucky.....an unfortunate end result of appointing Locke in the summer.

Very true. A crucial appointment awaits us all. Even more important than the appointment of Locke IMO. 

Whoever we appoint will inform what league we play in next year. A lot of pressure on the board.