The New Raith Rovers Thread

What was the significance of that game/goal? You seemed to be quite happy at the end.....

Needed to either win or draw to stop being isolated at the bottom. We were down to ten men, Ayr got a dodgy penalty before we got denied a stone waller. The South Stand was bezerk. Then for big Casa to rock up was perfect. He'd been trying like a bear to get us a goal for weeks and it hadn't worked out. Then when we scored it was such a relief. Pretty sure Ayr fans had been giving it big licks towards the end of the game too.

Top 3 most mad I've ever gone at a goal, that one. I'm sure I've said it before but I was half way down the stand before I even realised what I was doing. One of those ones where you're running but in no particular direction or to even get anywhere. The dead cert handball that doesn't get given just prior to the goal just amped the crowd to fever pitch so when the ball hit the net it was fucking scenes.

Hartley sacked by Dundee. Fairly good chance he'll be our boss next season I reckon.

Certainly better than some of the dross we usually get linked with. Edit: or actually appoint.

54 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hartley sacked by Dundee. Fairly good chance he'll be our boss next season I reckon.

Does he interview well and what primary school did he go to? Has he beaten Hibs?

Edited by rrfsee

Losing two high scoring forwards at the start of the season was a huge blow to him. Greg Stewart went to Birmingham on 12th August and Kane Hemmings moved to Oxford United right at the end of July. They were a quality pairing and replacing that when the pre-season is up is an impossible task.

If we get him, we should ask him to smarten up a bit. Unshaven, greasy and fat is not a good look. He's always been fairly greasy/oily and unshaven but the fat thing doesn't work for him. He just looks jowelly. I can empathise.

Losing two high scoring forwards at the start of the season was a huge blow to him. Greg Stewart went to Birmingham on 12th August and Kane Hemmings moved to Oxford United right at the end of July. They were a quality pairing and replacing that when the pre-season is up is an impossible task.

If we get him, we should ask him to smarten up a bit. Unshaven, greasy and fat is not a good look. He's always been fairly greasy/oily and unshaven but the fat thing doesn't work for him. He just looks jowelly. I can empathise.

Worth noting he took a team with a top six budget, and the Stewart/Hemmings strikeforce, to the heady heights of 8th last season. It was clear for about four months beforehand that both were leaving aswell.

Worth noting he took a team with a top six budget, and the Stewart/Hemmings strikeforce, to the heady heights of 8th last season. It was clear for about four months beforehand that both were leaving aswell.

I recall seeing them huffing and puffing to beat a doomed Dundee United at the tail end of last season. Wasn't aware they finished 8th.

It's more the date they actually did leave that I'd cut him some slack for. Possibly difficult to recruit until you know for sure they are away, otherwise you get stuck with a glut of forwards and a burst budget.

How is Danny Handling playing for you guys and what position is he playing?  Still don't know what his best position is at Hibs, wondering if he's one we'll let go in the summer.....

He's probably our best attacking mid, always likes to get the ball down. On Saturday, we played 4-2-3-1 and he was the middle of the 3 behind the striker. He was another decent shout for the MoM if it wasn't for young Matthews coming back in like that.

I'd take him in the summer based on what I've seen so far anyway.

Hartley is my new manager 'out of work who could help Rovers' pick.

Handling has been a good addition so far. Noticed a good few times on Saturday he was telling Davo and Matthews who was available when they had the ball and where to pass to. Dictated the play and had a big role in our solid performance.

12 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

He's probably our best attacking mid, always likes to get the ball down. On Saturday, we played 4-2-3-1 and he was the middle of the 3 behind the striker. He was another decent shout for the MoM if it wasn't for young Matthews coming back in like that.

I'd take him in the summer based on what I've seen so far anyway.

He was playing a bit deeper for us when he got injured but he's been playing attacking mid for the dev team so that makes sense.  I'm sure he still has another year to go on his deal but I've not really heard Lennon mentioning him much, he's spoke about how he likes Harris and Stanton but not Danny.  I'd like to see him do well but I don't think it'll be with us unfortunately