The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Surely that's the only way to do it?

Whilst Locke's signing policy was clearly shambolic, you can't really have the board telling him who to sign. They appointed him and therefore had to back him.

I think there should be consultation, as with any staff appointment 

There has been a day of important meetings at Stark’s Park today.

The board of directors met this morning to consider the financial implications of our relegation from the Ladbrokes Championship. This was followed by a meeting between the board, players and football support staff as a group, and then a series of meetings with individual players and support staff to discuss their own personal contractual situations and options for the way forward.

Finally the board met again to review the findings of the day’s discussions and agreed to continue to work towards achieving the objective of retaining full time football for season 2017 / 2018. A further progress report on this work will be issued as soon as possible, and in the meantime the board will take its time to identify a new manager.

The board should not be involved in signing players. The manager should have free reign to sign who he wants within his budget.

If the board appointed a competent manager they would trust him to manage the recruitment process. If they can't recruit a competent manager I don't fancy their chances of being any use on player recruitment either. 

4 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

The board should not be involved in signing players. The manager should have free reign to sign who he wants within his budget.

If the board appointed a competent manager they would trust him to manage the recruitment process. If they can't recruit a competent manager I don't fancy their chances of being any use on player recruitment either. 

Nail on head. The only time where the manager doesn't get the final say on who signs is under the director of football set up. I can't see us being able to afford another layer of management personally.

I like Kevin McHattie. The fact he's spent almost the entirety of his senior career working with Gary Locke and isn't playing in the Lowland League is a special quality. 

Give it time.

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

What about the people that helped financed the loan players or the ones that financed Skacels wages. Wouldn't they be interested in a controlling stake. Seriously we should be community owned.

Good general point. An invest as you spend should be in place everywhere. A kind of Tesco points system. The only drawback is common or garden supporters are just as likely to be arseholes as rich shareholders.

It's a dilemma.

Bobby Barr a Declan McManus all seem to of really enjoyed winning league one with morton and loved the moment hopefully they will be telling the players to go win the league and stay and enjoy it.

10 hours ago, renton said:

In fairness, that's me every fucking pre season.

Bates isn't even the first, same thing happened with Toshney - United approached him, turned his head and we had little choice but to let him go for some fucking nominal fee. That we lost Toshney and Bates over the course of a few months was perhaps the biggest disaster of them all, leaving us precious little cover and relying on M'Voto who was a class below either of those two in terms of actually kicking a ball and finding a team mate, and who's aerial prowess deserted him at critical moments. 

aye Toshney has fair burnt the heather at Utd this season

3 hours ago, Typicalrovers said:

John McGlynn text Young to ask that he be considered to follow McKinnon and then again to wish him well with the Locke appointment but go no reply to either I understand. Poor show. You might not fancy him as manager but he deserves better than that.

how do you know this ?

proof please 

Positive news! Ayr Utd and Airdrie both full time squads. Smaller budget which will mean relying on the Dev Team as Young had said. I'd imagine all of their contracts would be safe and then it's a case of trying to re-negotiate with players that were originally on 2 years deals and if there is anyone from last seasons squad worth trying to keep hold of.

I do know that McHattie was on about £600 per week from us and still getting £500 per week from Killie as part of his contract negotiation for being released. I can't imagine he was one of the higher paid players in the team seeing as M'Voto was meant to be a high profile singing and Johnson would have been taking something similar as well. Won't be sad to see the back of those lads and just hope there's some loyalty shown from players like C. Barr, Cuthbert and Bene

11 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Ayr Utd are also going to be operating a full-time squad next season. Should make for some interesting recruitment.

With Airdrie also being full-time, that'll be the first season there's been three full-time sides in the third tier since 05/06 with Gretna, Morton and Partick. Should make it competitive but you'd imagine Raith would still be able to operate a larger budget than those two.

10 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

After all the cock ups do you trust the board to get it right?

Capturex.PNG

Interested to see what exactly is meant by negotiating; although staying full-time are they going to ask under contract players to take a cut anyway? I'm not giving up hope of nicking Vaughan yet.