The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

Hurry up and announce you're going let everyone under contract leave for nothing so you can go part-time.

Kind regards,
Everyone who wants to sign Lewis Vaughan

I'd like to second that. This Raith squad is a reasonable carcass for clubs like us to pick at.

We'll take Mark Stewart purely to put an end to him scoring against us at every opportunity. McHattie would also be a reasonable Daniel Harvie replacement.

Sit the directors down and let them tell us one by one what they have contributed this season and what their plans are to move the club forward rather than pathetically treading water season after season. How much have any of them invested in the club? We are going nowhere with the current group. We have lacked leadership on and off the park all season.

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Hurry up and announce you're going let everyone under contract leave for nothing so you can go part-time.

Kind regards,
Everyone who wants to sign Lewis Vaughan

:lol: 

3 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

I'd like to second that. This Raith squad is a reasonable carcass for clubs like us to pick at.

We'll take Mark Stewart purely to put an end to him scoring against us at every opportunity. McHattie would also be a reasonable Daniel Harvie replacement.

Have you lost your fucking mind? :lol:

John McGlynn text Young to ask that he be considered to follow McKinnon and then again to wish him well with the Locke appointment but go no reply to either I understand. Poor show. You might not fancy him as manager but he deserves better than that.

Maybe he's got an old mobile number. Probably better to try and speak to someone rather than text them. Especially if you haven't seen them in a while.

Turnbull Hutton was right about Drysdale. He's sitting tight waiting for it all to blow over so he can keep his wee trips through to Hampden.

He'll have his trips to Perth City Council to look forward to now!

The bottom line for me is that catastrophic errors of judgement were made at the club on numerous occasions this season which relegated the club. Yet there's no hint of an apology or even an acceptance that lessons need to be learned.
The 'We are all Rovers supporters too' defence to excuse incompetence is frankly pathetic. If that's all you need to be on the Board, let's do it job share and give everyone in the South Stand a go. 

That is all you need to be, hence the reason we have an elected 'fans representative' on the board... In our case we actually have 2! One recently elected and one invited on because of the job he did when he was he fans rep.

What I will say is that Davie Wann was much more involved in working with supporters groups and had a much more hands on role.

The board don't want to hold their hands up completely and apologise and admit everything they've done this season was wrong. If they did that then there's no way back for them and they would have to walk. If they walk, who do we bring in? Where's this never ending que of local Raith fans with the time commitments and the finances to become directors of the club?

The board don't want to hold their hands up completely and apologise and admit everything they've done this season was wrong. If they did that then there's no way back for them and they would have to walk. If they walk, who do we bring in? Where's this never ending que of local Raith fans with the time commitments and the finances to become directors of the club?

What about the people that helped financed the loan players or the ones that financed Skacels wages. Wouldn't they be interested in a controlling stake. Seriously we should be community owned.

I reckon who ever wins the premiership play off final, will be in touch regarding Vaughan's availability  If we go with what Mr Young says then they will be told to F off. But then Vaughan will just have to "go in the huff" and boom, he'll be signed for a *nominal fee.

*A tray of pies and a good luck card for next season. 

Edited by Wardy
Auto correct!

What about the people that helped financed the loan players or the ones that financed Skacels wages. Wouldn't they be interested in a controlling stake. Seriously we should be community owned.

I think if they were interested in a controlling stake then they would already have one. And if we were community owned, how would we fund ourselves? When there's tax bills needing paid and we need the cash, how will the community sort that out? What community would be big enough to finance a full-time football club? Who would the community be?

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Have you lost your fucking mind? :lol:

I like Kevin McHattie. The fact he's spent almost the entirety of his senior career working with Gary Locke and isn't playing in the Lowland League is a special quality. 

I'm not actually convinced Young thinks the board made any poor decisions at the time they were made. The only thing I saw him admit was loaning Vaughan to Dumbarton was an error, but even then it was only with the benefit on hindsight.

Locke - spoke to 'football people', undefined 'circumstances' to blame at Killie. Still can't admit it was a mistake, and even suggests the board should've controlled his signing policy. Why bother with a manager then?

Bates - 'he's a Rangers fan' seemed to be the excuse. And what? He was an under-contract Raith Rovers player. Admitted openly they got f**k all for him though, contradicting Drysdale's claim in January that it was 'not a poor deal from a financial perspective'. Uh huh.

Vaughan - Dumbarton the only team in for him. Waited long, had we? Asked around, got in touch with agents? I'm sure League One teams weren't interested. Even if Vaughan had put Dumbarton 6th, and us 7th, that would equate to around 60k of prize money. Absolute lunacy whichever way you dice it - just admit it.

He seemed more annoyed with John Hughes than anything else. I initially thought it wasn't a terrible interview but he hasn't even attempted to accept any kind of blame, nor even admit mistakes were made. Still, they're all Rovers fans, right?

Eat your cereal, guys, the board knows best.

I'm not actually convinced Young thinks the board made any poor decisions at the time they were made. The only thing I saw him admit was loaning Vaughan to Dumbarton was an error, but even then it was only with the benefit on hindsight.

Locke - spoke to 'football people', undefined 'circumstances' to blame at Killie. Still can't admit it was a mistake, and even suggests the board should've controlled his signing policy. Why bother with a manager then?

Bates - 'he's a Rangers fan' seemed to be the excuse. And what? He was an under-contract Raith Rovers player. Admitted openly they got f**k all for him though, contradicting Drysdale's claim in January that it was 'not a poor deal from a financial perspective'. Uh huh.

Vaughan - Dumbarton the only team in for him. Waited long, had we? Asked around, got in touch with agents? I'm sure League One teams weren't interested. Even if Vaughan had put Dumbarton 6th, and us 7th, that would equate to around 60k of prize money. Absolute lunacy whichever way you dice it - just admit it.

He seemed more annoyed with John Hughes than anything else. I initially thought it wasn't a terrible interview but he hasn't even attempted to accept any kind of blame, nor even admit mistakes were made. Still, they're all Rovers fans, right?

Eat your cereal, guys, the board knows best.

So what do you want to happen in an ideal world? They all sit there on camera begging for our forgiveness? All gather in the board room and lock the door, pop open the cyanide pills and one by one end their reign of terror on our club? Did you expect Young of come out and point the finger at other board members? "Wasn't my idea, it was all Eric's fault!" He's said he's going to stay on and I agree, managerless, chairmanless and playerless would be a great position to be in right now...

They know that they have 1 shot to get this right or they really will be on a sticky wicket. Let's just hope they've got the bottle for it. Coming out and addressing the fans would suggest they are willing to be more transparent and let us at least see what's going on.