The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

I've not been convinced by Smith at all in honesty, his best turn as manager has been to nearly take East Fife to the playoffs, surely you'd be expecting better than that?

He was laughed at plentiful on here but Dick Campbell has ten times the C.V of him.

This was down to hitting the wrong button on the  photocopier.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I've not been convinced by Smith at all in honesty, his best turn as manager has been to nearly take East Fife to the playoffs, surely you'd be expecting better than that?

Raith will have a bigger budget and better players than East Fife had last season tbf.

It certainly could've been a lot worse. 

8 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

This was down to hitting the wrong button on the  photocopier.

Hands down one of the worst posts in the history of this forum. 

He was laughed at plentiful on here but Dick Campbell has ten times the C.V of him.

Beat appointment we could have considering who the candidates were. From my understanding the Campbell rounders were true but he turned us down. If it was Bollan, Young or Smith, I'd happily give Smith the chance over the others. Easton will likely be assistant and due to small squad size, I'd imagine the development team will be pretty much seen as fringe players.

Hopefully it's all announced tomorrow and we can all get behind Smith and look forward to winning the league!

1 hour ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Dougie hill, rejected a new deal with us, wanted a new challenge, heard raith or Arbroath bound, could be waiting for Dick Campbell to decide on job, big loss for us, 

He will be playing closer to home next season. 

17 minutes ago, Bambino7 said:

Is an option.  Livingston isn't as he's not going full time again.  I'm not up for this guessing stuff tho. 

Meh. He's better than Craig Pettigrew, and hates Josh Falkingham. I wouldn't say no.

3 hours ago, Overthehedge1 said:

Dougie hill, rejected a new deal with us, wanted a new challenge, heard raith or Arbroath bound, could be waiting for Dick Campbell to decide on job, big loss for us, 

I would be happy to see Dougie back at starks. He is the type of defender you need in league 1. I would take Willie Dyer back as well if possible.

11 hours ago, Grant228 said:

sure you don't mean that Dick Campbell has ten times the age of him ?