The New Raith Rovers Thread

I've only seen a couple Rovers games this year so I'm not 100% on your normal shape etc, but, I'd assume that'd see Vaughan playing CM alongside Herron or Robertson? 

Vaughan started off out wide but when it became very clear we were missing that something in the middle of the park, Vaughan ended up slotting in there alongside Robertson.

As others have said, when Barr gets back to 100% fitness, I can see Herron and Matthews missing out with Furtado and Barr taking those positions.

Smith

Thomson
McKay/Bene
Davo
Murray/McHattie

Furtado
Vaughan
Robertson
Barr

Spence
Buchanan

If you assume that's the route we're going down then it looks a pretty decent team (on paper anyway and assuming we can stay injury/suspension free) to have going into this part of the season. The only really dodgy area we'd have is left back and, to a degree, in goals but I'm willing to cut G Smith a bit of slack seen as we're not really shipping much goals and/or losing games. 

I think Matthews will still see plenty of game time playing wide right, especially away from home where we might be trying to be a bit more compact.

Smith has shown with Zannatta and Hendry that he won't disrupt a winning team so I expect that Furtado might need to bide his time on the bench for a while before forcing his way into the starting line up.                                                                                                                                  

2 minutes ago, Redandwhitearmy2 said:

He’s alright,got some potential,don’t ask him to beat a player he just runs into them,all the fancy flicks but got no end product

I suggest your post smacks of a little bunch of sour grapes. Most of your fans appear to rate him highly.

I suggest your post smacks of a little bunch of sour grapes. Most of your fans appear to rate him highly.

No[emoji23]I’m telling you what he does I couldn’t care less don’t want my club to have a 60k debt he’s the best of a young bunch at airdrie he couldn’t beat eggs yes he’s young and got potential but he thinks he’s a star before he’s made it

The young man appears to be taking his career progression in the right way Stenhousemuir, Aidrie, Raith, He's obviously got something as I've witnessed myself if he can get the ball to our front two he will go down a treat with us......

I'm liking how so many people know about the fabled £60k development fee. There's nothing to show he's played for Montpellier before. Where did this come about from? 

This. I’ve not seen anything saying he played at any level with Montpellier, transfermarkt is normally quite decent and they don’t mention Montpellier. None of the signing announcements from Stenny, Airdrie and us mention any development fee or if it’s an amateur contract.

Smith has shown with Zannatta and Hendry that he won't disrupt a winning team so I expect that Furtado might need to bide his time on the bench for a while before forcing his way into the starting line up.

Be interesting to se if he takes the same approach with benedictus. Once he is fit can see him maybe being introduced in the last 10 minutes for a few games, then if we are still doing well, will he replace mckay which will be a bit harsh on him given how well he has done. But smith might just want 2 experienced players just to see us through these last few months of the title race.

It'll be interesting to see how he is going from a team where he's been one of the key players, and surrounded by younger players, into a team with a lot more experience who are top of the league. Could be a potentially useful player to have trying to unlock defences. 

Especially with most teams that play against us sitting in, might just might have that wee bit extra creativity we need to make the difference. Thats where connolly would have been perfect because he seemed to have that in the last few months of his loan spell especially.

Especially with most teams that play against us sitting in, might just might have that wee bit extra creativity we need to make the difference. Thats where connolly would have been perfect because he seemed to have that in the last few months of his loan spell especially.
I think he might make an exception for Benedictus.

The Connolly deal falling through is a pity. I think if we had signed him that would've basically guaranteed us the title.

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think he might make an exception for Benedictus.

The Connolly deal falling through is a pity. I think if we had signed him that would've basically guaranteed us the title.

It would have helped yes but guaranteed is a bit over the top. Nothing is guaranteed in football. Personally, having seen and only based on his you tube video i suggest nelly has a lot to offer us and could help reach the winning post.