The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Bell only has 5 yellow cards so why would he be suspended?

You are correct and I honestly don't know. It must be a mistake by the SFA or he's received a yellow card that the wider public aren't aware of (such as getting booked in the tunnel etc). 

The SFA have been known for mucking up this list - they had Kallum Higginbotham banned for us in the Scottish Cup last year, however, he'd already served his cup suspension vs Rangers in the competition the year prior. 

You are correct and I honestly don't know. It must be a mistake by the SFA or he's received a yellow card that the wider public aren't aware of (such as getting booked in the tunnel etc). 
The SFA have been known for mucking up this list - they had Kallum Higginbotham banned for us in the Scottish Cup last year, however, he'd already served his cup suspension vs Rangers in the competition the year prior. 

He got a red card against us earlier on this season but it got rescinded so apparently that counts as a yellow.

9 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There's a YouTube video up showing his best bits, some goal against Alloa.

I remember him splitting opinions at Raith? Seemed to score some decent goals though. 

8 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I’m almost 100% positive that every single one of his goals for us( 10 IIRC) were screamers, or that’s how I’m choosing to remember them as we scored some fantastic goals in the second half of that season.

The goal against Alloa was an utter screamer. I don't think that was even the best goal we scored that season (I'd go for McKeown against Morton for that). From the top of my head, his one in the final game against Rangers at Stark's was down to Foderingham being a clown, and he scored loads against Morton who for some reason he has always had a great record against. He did score a lot of penalties for us. 

On the topic of rogue bookings, during our Scottish Cup run of 09/10 we had to go up to Dundee and the suspension list came out saying Grant Murray was banned. I'm pretty sure it was Yoss (who doesn't post as much these days) got in contact with the club to specifically raise to them that bookings were cleared after the fifth round so Murray was free to play. The club then contacted the SFA, who reviewed it and found Yoss was correct, and Murray then went on to play one of his best games for us in our 2-1 win up at Dens. 

31 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

He got a red card against us earlier on this season but it got rescinded so apparently that counts as a yellow.

It depends if it got rescinded or downgraded. As you say, if the Stranraer card change is correct, that could well be his 6th yellow. 

The goal against Alloa was an utter screamer. I don't think that was even the best goal we scored that season (I'd go for McKeown against Morton for that). From the top of my head, his one in the final game against Rangers at Stark's was down to Foderingham being a clown, and he scored loads against Morton who for some reason he has always had a great record against. He did score a lot of penalties for us. 
On the topic of rogue bookings, during our Scottish Cup run of 09/10 we had to go up to Dundee and the suspension list came out saying Grant Murray was banned. I'm pretty sure it was Yoss (who doesn't post as much these days) got in contact with the club to specifically raise to them that bookings were cleared after the fifth round so Murray was free to play. The club then contacted the SFA, who reviewed it and found Yoss was correct, and Murray then went on to play one of his best games for us in our 2-1 win up at Dens. 

Bring back Yoss. A good guy.

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There's a YouTube video up showing his best bits, some goal against Alloa.

I remember him splitting opinions at Raith? Seemed to score some decent goals though. 

Scored 10 goals - excellent return from a midfielder. 

He did split the crowd a bit, much of which was probably due to him playing on the left and not being a proper winger. 

Smith has been at best unconvincing, especially away from home.  Regardless of today's performance, he isn't good enough if we want to win this league. He wouldn't have been released from the side relegated from this league if he was.

Wasn't there today but have previously seen at least 2 away games where Smith has sold the jerseys.

Albion Rovers would have been at worst a draw but for a truly clown shoes moment.

Forfar would have been an away win but for his fear of leaving his line.

He's a solid for at least 1 calamity a game, sometimes we're lucky  it goes unpunished but sometime it loses us an early goal and gives the opposition heart. They then sit in and pick us off on the break.

Some folks reckon G Smiths shot stopping ability is worth putting up with the other flaws, I don't as I think that's what his job is basically all about.

This isn't a witch hunt, I just don't rate him as a keeper and firmly believe we have 2 better keepers playing in the Dev' side.