The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Furtado shows up well in this video from September time. Following the match Barry Smith speaks highly of Furtado so clearly he has been watching him from his Stenny days.

Looks like a replacement forward from this video.

Noticed over on the Championship forum that Craigen is being strongly linked to join the ever increasing band of ex Rovers at East End...

All we need now is for gary locke to be part of that ex rovers contingent.

I think he might make an exception for Benedictus.

The Connolly deal falling through is a pity. I think if we had signed him that would've basically guaranteed us the title.

Connolly would have been a big help towards it. Haven’t seen furtado play, but by all accounts hes a decent player.

A wee bit gutted Connolly managed to get back into the first team at York. While he'd not guarantee us anything by any stretch of the imagination, he'd be by far and away the most talented and creative player in this league. He utterly pished his way through the Scottish Championship and turned that season from our normal 7th place finish, along with Hardie and Longridge. Craigen had a blinder of a season too. Would've been brilliant to watch him playing at a level, where he'd be given a free role creativity and more space and time on the ball.

With that said, Willis should add a degree of explosiveness we've lacked at times. People might make comparisons to Tade, but oor Greg was a strange player in that he was more like an athlete playing football. I think Furtado looks like he's got a lot of skill on the ball, but won't be nearly as athletic. Given he's still only 20 too, should be interesting to see how he develops.

Edited by rw89

A wee bit gutted Connolly managed to get back into the first team at York. While he'd not guarantee us anything by any stretch of the imagination, he'd be by far and away the most talented and creative player in this league. He utterly pished his way through the Scottish Championship and turned that season from our normal 7th place finish, along with Hardie and Longridge. Craigen had a blinder of a season too. Would've been brilliant to watch him playing at a level, where he'd be given a free role creativity and more space and time on the ball.
With that said, Willis should add a degree of explosiveness we've lacked at times. People might make comparisons to Tade, but oor Greg was a strange player in that he was more like an athlete playing football. I think Furtado looks like he's got a lot of skill on the ball, but won't be nearly as athletic. Given he's still only 20 too, should be interesting to see how he develops.

The Tade comparison strikes me as quite a lazy one.
However he does seem like a player who will be totally unpredictable so I suppose it's fair in that respect. Our fans seem to take to hard working players, despite them sometimes lacking ability, so he should be fine if he sticks in.

'Big club' I like him already.

11 minutes ago, kev23 said:

The Tade comparison strikes me as quite a lazy one.
However he does seem like a player who will be totally unpredictable so I suppose it's fair in that respect. Our fans seem to take to hard working players, despite them sometimes lacking ability, so he should be fine if he sticks in.

'Big club' I like him already.

Tbf to him, and with no disrespect to any of the other clubs ,  we're comfortably bigger than pretty much every club at this level. Even Ayr who have similar attendances, have never managed to match our success in the league or cup competitions. Hopefully we can use that experience to drive us on to the title. Long way to go yet but as mentioned, hopefully he adds something a bit more creative to our team.

18 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That's Ryan Hardie signed with us on a 6 month loan, out of contract in the summer too. Been a long running rumour back to when we signed the other boy that was with you.

Good signing?

Depends who you ask, much like James Craigen. Utterly prolific in his first spell with us, and scored some excellent goals. Less so in the second, but more down to the fact we had shite like Jordan Thompson and Chris Johnstone in our midfield. 

If Hardie gets one on one with a goal keeper, you're as well to start celebrating. I've never seen a player with such a knack for being able to round a keeper and score. 

19 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

That's Ryan Hardie signed with us on a 6 month loan, out of contract in the summer too. Been a long running rumour back to when we signed the other boy that was with you.

Good signing?

Yes I would think so. He was fantastic for us during his first spell. Not so good last season but still scored a decent total of goals considering how shite we were. 

21 hours ago, Redandwhitearmy2 said:

Noemoji23.pngI’m telling you what he does I couldn’t care less don’t want my club to have a 60k debt he’s the best of a young bunch at airdrie he couldn’t beat eggs yes he’s young and got potential but he thinks he’s a star before he’s made it

Yeah. 

Well in spite of what everyone else has said, if you leave Barry Smith( Manager of the team currently in 1st Place in Div 1) your phone number I'm sure he'll appreciate your opinion on future signings.:whistle

29 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Good signing?

If you can get the ball to his feet in a decent position aye.

If your midfield consists of rangers rejects and washed up hearts heroes then not really. Still even with that shite supplying nothing he still managed more goals than Stewart and only 1 less than McManus and they played all season.

1 minute ago, mr mince said:

If you can get the ball to his feet in a decent position aye.

If your midfield consists of rangers rejects and washed up hearts heroes then not really. Still even with that shite supplying nothing he still managed more goals than Stewart and only 1 less than McManus and they played all season.

I mean, I'm sure you'd take 'Rangers Rejects' Halkett and Alexander :D 

If he can score goals and finish chances (much the same thing) that's all I'm bothered about, we've lacked a finisher and probably held us back from a good few points this season despite sitting 4th atm

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

If he can score goals and finish chances (much the same thing) that's all I'm bothered about, we've lacked a finisher and probably held us back from a good few points this season despite sitting 4th atm

Our rangers rejects were Jordan Thompson and Scott Roberts, a truly worthless combination.

Just now, mr mince said:

Our rangers rejects were Jordan Thompson and Scott Roberts, a truly worthless combination.

Jeez, Thompson has played once for us, off the bench. He looked pretty tidy out left up and down the wing. He's definitely got good control of the ball and a good eye for a pass but couldn't see everything in a 30 minute sub spell

Hardie did well last season. Slightly better than a goal every two games, a few of which were under Gary Locke, one when his team were playing without a goalie, etc. A good record.

Remember when we had Longridge, Craigen, Connelly and Hardie?

[emoji20]

56 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Great signing.

Get him the service and he'll get up towards double figures by the end of the season.

I miss Ryan Hardie :(