The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

If by any luck we get to the play off finals, we may find Dumbarton will destroy us. They are a much better team imo. But I’m trying to stay positive. The run in has been awful. But we need a minor miracle.

I really don't think Dumbarton are a better side than Raith, let alone a much better side. I appreciate you're all very down on Rovers' chances at the moment having utterly shat the bed from being 8 points clear, but from an objective point of view, I'd strongly fancy your chances of joining us in the Championship assuming we do win the title.

Your home record is excellent, and no team will relish going to Stark's Park in such a high pressure game, let alone a Dumbarton side who have only been saved from automatic relegation by a laughably shite Brechin side. Dumbarton didn't register a single league goal in 2018 until the 13th of March, so nothing to fear there. 

It just seems to me that everything is set up for Lewis Vaughan to relegate Dumbarton a year after saving them...

Don't Dumbarton have a fair few ex Rovers players some of which were part of our relegation squad last season? Mark Stewart, Craig Barr, Chris Johnston, Danny Handling and minus that lot there's ex players such as Dougie Hill, David Smith and Christina Nade there as well. If we did make it to the final I suppose it gives FF plenty players to try and wind up.

35 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Hard to believe he was once labelled mini Messi by people.

Lewis Toshney, Mark Stewart and out of contract Rory McKeown all played alongside Johnston at Kilmarnock, with Toshney describing him as ‘mini Messi’ on Twitter this week.

Read more at: https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/new-raith-signing-delighted-to-reunite-with-locke-1-4150254

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 16:25, CALDERON said:

Hilarious.  With the East Fife fans swarming round this thread like flies round shite the past couple of weeks, this is quite a hilarious turn of events. 

He He . :rolleyes::1eye

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

The Spanish government could do without the funds going by their exploits so Messi just did the world a service really, but that's a discussion for another forum.

Pretty sure some of the law abiding tax paying Spaniards dont see it your way but thats a discussion for another forum

I think it is a 2 year contract, if so the board need to take a serious look at themselves, after the last disaster of an appointment a one year deal with the option of an extension would have been the prudent move. 

Just a quick couple of points had a friend that attended the rovers hospitality against Albion Rovers , not a Rovers fan and rated the experience highly however his words on the game were how the hell can you watch that sh**e every week and who is your number 11 cos he’s Sh**e ( Barr) ironically one of his better games. Another friend who in fact is a Rovers fan but can’t make saturdays anymore attended  Saturdays game as a one off same comment how the hell can you watch that sh**e every week and the most boring game he’s ever watched.

I must be just ammune to the poor performances now but it’s evident now just how poorly we have been but unbelievably still 2nd top with a slim chance of being promoted

Football Eh!

Edited by basher brash