The New Raith Rovers Thread

43 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We have taken 42 from 46 points points at home this season.

To find ourselves 5 points off the pace is ridiculous with that home record.

It's swings and roundabouts because it's our away record which has put us where we are, don't know the exact figures for our points on the road but can't be far off your home points tally.

And we've been pretty gash at home this season.

Even I, probably the biggest Smith defender on the forum have to say Smith's fucked his management career here. Needs to get you up through the play-offs and even if he does, well.

I've always backed Smith and really want him to succeed, but some of his team selections / substitutions have been odd throughout the season.

Zanatta helped turn the game last week yet didn't even get on today despite us crying out for width.

Court got 2 minutes today and all that did was help run the clock down and waste time.

Hendry looks decent and I'm still unsure as to why he didn't get a sniff for so long.

Vaughan was unplayable as an attacking wide player, and even once Robertson was back fit Vaughan wasn't played where he has been so effective. He went up front as opposed to wide where he did so much damage early on in the season.

All of that said, he isn't responsible for the embarrassing defending for the goal and Buchanan missing an open goal. Yes, he put Buchanan on the park and for all that many disagreed with that call, you would still back him to put that away.

I thought it WAS a corner for the goal. Smith scrambled to keep it in which made me think he thought it came off a rovers player last. I had a decent view and wasn't sure but Smith's reaction made me think it was a corner.

Don't agree with abusing Smith and the shouts to sack him. While he is in charge we need to get behind him and the team to help us through the play offs.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Even I, probably the biggest Smith defender on the forum have to say Smith's fucked his management career here. Needs to get you up through the play-offs and even if he does, well.

Frankly, even if we go up through the playoffs the damage is done. He's been showing to be lacking in any form of plan B, and there's very little discipline for keeping the ball on the deck. Even today, we threw on Jonny Court with about three minutes to go, for Ross Matthews, who we're playing out of position on the wing. We blew our budget on Buchanan and Spence, only for them to not meet the standards we needed. 

We've completely bottled this league with our away form. To take two points so far from games at Cliftonhill, Station Park and Stair Park over five games isn't good enough. I'd be delighted if we could somehow tempt back Ray McKinnon. But we really need a change in philosophy of how we play. We seem to be far worse than most clubs for being content with long balls and trying to win something on the bounce.  For all the chat of a plastic pitch recently and the changes about being a community club, we need to get some form of basic standard as we've been shocking at a lot of points this season. 

2 minutes ago, Deadly said:

I've always backed Smith and really want him to succeed, but some of his team selections / substitutions have been odd throughout the season.

Zanatta helped turn the game last week yet didn't even get on today despite us crying out for width.

Court got 2 minutes today and all that did was help run the clock down and waste time.

Hendry looks decent and I'm still unsure as to why he didn't get a sniff for so long.

All of that said, he isn't responsible for the embarrassing defending for the goal and Buchanan missing an open goal. Yes, he put Buchanan on the park and for all that many disagreed with that call, you would still back him to put that away.

I thought it WAS a corner for the goal. Smith scrambled to keep it in which made me think he thought it came off a rovers player last. I had a decent view and wasn't sure but Smith's reaction made me think it was a corner.

Don't agree with abusing Smith and the shouts to sack him. While he is in charge we need to get behind him and the team to help us through the play offs.

Excellent post. Good points about Zanatta and Henry too.

The last few posts piece together why we are in the position we are. There have been too many players (in my view) who haven't performed well enough, although the issue doubtlessly has its roots in poor management. 

Matthews isn't a winger - why is he being played there?

Vaughan isn't a midfielder - why was he being played there?

Hendry has looked decent - why was he left benched so Vaughan could be played out of position?

Why did it take so long to figure out Spence and Buchanan as a partnership doesn't work?

There is no doubt Robertson being injured has caused us issues this season, but can we honestly look at the squad and say we've done the best with what we have? I don't think we can. We have two prolific strikers who haven't been prolific, meanwhile our top scorer was moved back into midfield to cover for injury (understandable) but then left there when we actually brought in a midfielder! It makes no sense at all. 

The league was not lost today and indeed this was our most difficult game remaining, but to have been 8 points clear and now 5 behind? That's unacceptable. 

Just now, Frank conner said:

I've said things I shouldn't have after a few but saying someone is a drug addict is a bit daft.

Following from Hank's sage advice, it would be appropriate if you edited your post to remove the offending line (no pun intended).

Following from Hank's sage advice, it would be appropriate if you edited your post to remove the offending line (no pun intended).

Iv deleted the post that was done in the heat of the moment. Beer + shite results = me being an arse. Apologies.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Iv deleted it the post that was done in the heat of the moment. Beer + shite results = me being an arse. Apologies.

No worries, it was actually @Frank conner I was talking to as he quoted the unedited version of your post which he should remove as well.

If we have any chance in the play offs we need to hit reset with the team selections.

Stop this playing guys regardless of form or the fact they are mikes out of position.

We have dead rubber league games to get this right before the real business starts.

As far as I am concerned all 11 starting places are up for grabs and would like to see people getting their chance to impress in these now pointless games. 

As well as this the launching high balls is getting us fucking nowhere and needs to stop immediately.

The writing was in the wall with that tactic of continuous shite lobs and crosses into the box as far back as August for example the home game against Forfar where we eventualy won 3-1 the team continued to persevere with hopeless crosses that Mensing and the other tall lad just mopped up in the end it came down to a 36 year old jobber getting knackered and giving away a stupid goal to get that win.

Congrats to ayr because their fans have been entertained all year they must average 2 to 3 goals a game and have won the title with weeks to spare.

10 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

It's our away form that has fucked us again. 

Not looking to gloat but you really aren't that great a side, I think 12 home wins is exceptional for an ok team.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

It's a good job we have 14 wins then.

Shows you how little I've been  bothered about you.

Edited by ayrmad