The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was under the impression we gave Smith a 1 year deal with an optional 2nd.
But regardless of where we are come mid May, either League 1 or Championship (doubt it!!), Smith out for me, it’s his decisions (lack of) that has cost us this league.

In any case, if we are in this league next season something will have to give. There's not a chance we could afford a new pitch, to pay off  Smith and remain full time.

I fully expect to be in this league next season as well. 

Like most teams now, they seem to have our number. What is it? 1 win and 3 draws against them this season. The long ball stuff we play seems to suit arbroath, and i cant see that stopping anytime soon.

Eta. Congratulations on the title, fucking pains me to say it, but you have by all accounts played the better football and dug out wins we haven’t been able to.

6 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Arbroath have a small squad, if they have injuries and suspensions then you’ll be fine. However, if they can field a strong team, oh dear I wouldn’t fancy your chances.

That Brechin team beat us last year. We’ve never made it through a play-off double header.

That Brechin team beat us last year. We’ve never made it through a play-off double header.

The players had chucked it at that point, there was no way we were going to win they games. Not that i hold out much hope for the arbroath games either.

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Like most teams now, they seem to have our number. What is it? 1 win and 3 draws against them this season. The long ball stuff we play seems to suit arbroath, and i cant see that stopping anytime soon.

I think we’ve beaten Arbroath twice this season. I’m hoping this is the year we actually reach a play-off final.

I think we’ve beaten Arbroath twice this season. I’m hoping this is the year we actually reach a play-off final.

We beat them the 1st game at starks, but can’t remember if we beat then the 1st time at gayfield.