The New Raith Rovers Thread

Also I don't know why people aren't questioning the effect losing the title and the budget cuts are having on the players. Imagine you'd just had the greatest year ever at your work. The boss comes in and says 'great job lads you've been a great team. As a reward we're cutting your wages and half of you can collect your P45s on the way out. Now let's get back to work and do it again!'

If McGlynn could produce the same level of commitment, motivation and performance in those circumstances he should be Prime Minister not managing us.

Grant Murray was the only player to have a drop in wages, all the rest of our current squad were under contract, even then he was under no obligation to accept our offer.

Players who were out of contract knew in January what the deal was, otherwise great post.

Up until the first half of last season we saw McGlynn's strengths. This season so far we've seen his weaknesses, which were already noticed beforehand but have now come to the fore. I think his greatest weakness is loyalty to players who are playing pish or going thru the motions, and not wielding the big stick ot the boot up the arse. I dont think we should hound him out for a bad third of a season after what hes done, but I wish to hell he'd get a stronger pair of specs and see how bad his tactics and selections really are.

Yet people seem to say so much more when hidden behind their usernames. Strange, that.

What I was trying to say is that when his head is being called for at a game then he will be under pressure and there will be a story worth reporting. To me an internet poll which gives fed up fans the chance to lodge a protest vote is a non story. Unfortunately Hutton takes the bait every single time he sees something he doesn't like online and can't keep his mouth shut when the press look for a comment.

Risking alienating any section of our fanbase when we are actively trying to increase crowds and run a fundraising campaign for the club is not the brightest thing to do.

What I was trying to say is that when his head is being called for at a game then he will be under pressure and there will be a story worth reporting. To me an internet poll which gives fed up fans the chance to lodge a protest vote is a non story. Unfortunately Hutton takes the bait every single time he sees something he doesn't like online and can't keep his mouth shut when the press look for a comment.

Risking alienating any section of our fanbase when we are actively trying to increase crowds and run a fundraising campaign for the club is not the brightest thing to do.

Very true. I did suggest that we could auction Tumball to the highest bigger as a human pinada' .....8)

I'm getting fed up of the whole fundraising effort.

Everyone is full of good ideas but most have no will to implement those good ideas.

When ideas are implemented the apathy is unreal. I'm getting to the stage where I'm seriously weighing up time spent with my family against time spent setting up fundraising events that not many people could give a f**k about.

I'm getting fed up of the whole fundraising effort.

Everyone is full of good ideas but most have no will to implement those good ideas.

When ideas are implemented the apathy is unreal. I'm getting to the stage where I'm seriously weighing up time spent with my family against time spent setting up fundraising events that not many people could give a f**k about.

Couldnt agree more mate, you are ok you werent there on Sat i felt like handed out nooses and pills :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15764844.stm

Pars have conformed they are closing the North Stand to save over £20,000 a season.

I ask the same question every week...why do we have the North Stand open to away support? The board moan that we are struggling financially yet one simple thing to do would be close the North Stand and put the away fans in the corner of the Main Stand. If it's going to be a bigger crowd then open it up, but if it's a few hundred at best against the likes of Ayr, QOTS, Hamilton, Livi then why open it?

This is just a further example of the lack of business knowledge on the board and I hate to say it but the Pars have that on their board. They've seen they are losing money and seen something which would immediately reduce costs.

It's time our board open their eyes and stop blaming the fans for everything.

http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/15764844.stm

Pars have conformed they are closing the North Stand to save over £20,000 a season.

I ask the same question every week...why do we have the North Stand open to away support? The board moan that we are struggling financially yet one simple thing to do would be close the North Stand and put the away fans in the corner of the Main Stand. If it's going to be a bigger crowd then open it up, but if it's a few hundred at best against the likes of Ayr, QOTS, Hamilton, Livi then why open it?

This is just a further example of the lack of business knowledge on the board and I hate to say it but the Pars have that on their board. They've seen they are losing money and seen something which would immediately reduce costs.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

This comes up fairly often and usually someone says we are obligated to open it because of the Football Trust funding towards its construction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15764844.stm

I would actually section off a part of the South Stand for the smaller way supports cause lets be honest theres plenty room.It may well help to up the atmosphere.

But do we?

I`d be surprised if we were obliged to open it due to Football Trust funding besides ,this stand has been closed before and was re-opened after complaints from away supporters who had been lumped into the corner of the Main Stand .I think the first to complain were Dumbarton supporters.

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Can we have someone come in and give Hutton/the board a one hour lecture on PR skills? I'm sure someone from the college could do this quite easily. It seems as though he's out in the FFP having a pop at the fans every single week, and it's getting really tiresome. A couple of notes, then:

1) The previous tactic of moaning about attendances did nothing. From this weeks comments we can deduce that Hutton reads these forums, so surely he could see the negative response that that provoked?

2) Taking a pop at people who're already pissed off is going to do nothing to help the situation; if anything, it's only going to make things worse. It's probably a good thing he's happy to give McGlynn time, but maybe some attempt to acknowledge we've been poor, coupled with the positive things McGlynn has done would have been a better way to handle things. Mouthing off about keyboard warriors isn't going to help at all.

I haven't heard anyone calling for McGlynn to go either. Maybe it's a Main Stand phenomenon.

I have no official source for this, but a guy who writes for The Away End just posted this on twitter:

We should really re-name Raith Rovers 'Hearts Reserves' another three players going up now, Holt, Walker & David Smith.

From looking at the profile of the tweeter, it looks as if he's a Jambo.

I can imagine there will be a lot of anger at our own youth players being ignored yet again in favour of those from another club, but we do need to find some ability from somewhere to get us out of the hole we're in.

Anyone seen/heard anything about this?

A couple of updates:

Holt and Walker have been training with us, and Smith is due to train with us tomorrow. Holt is a CM and apparently the best player in Hearts' U-19s. Walker is a winger :o and Smith a striker.

Edited by Michael W

I have no official source for this, but a guy who writes for The Away End just posted this on twitter:

From looking at the profile of the tweeter, it looks as if he's a Jambo.

I can imagine there will be a lot of anger at our own youth players being ignored yet again in favour of those from another club, but we do need to find some ability from somewhere to get us out of the hole we're in.

Anyone seen/heard anything about this?

A couple of updates:

Holt and Walker have been training with us, and Smith is due to train with us tomorrow. Holt is a CM and apparently the best player in Hearts' U-19s. Walker is a winger :o and Smith a striker.

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif