The New Raith Rovers Thread

Surely something just has to change[emoji23] somehow we managed to score 4 but surely the deference cannot stay the same! Man for man the back liken is solid but it just doesn’t seem to work and surely mcglynn notices this! Either bene or Davo out for mckay next week pls! (Won’t happen tho)

22 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

What’s the story with Wright, is he still injured or back at Sevco? Or give Silva a chance. The defence seem all at sea with Thomson between the sticks

Wright was listed as a sub on the Updates team sheet yesterday. However, on the official team sheet Silva was the sub. 

14 minutes ago, kev23 said:

Sean Mackie coming on for the second half of Hibernian vs Celtic. He's one player I always imagined would end up back on loan at some point, although if he's trusted in a game like this, that's probably ruled out.

How much did we get for him again?

ETA That pass from Mackie just now for the second goal.

Edited by Beachbum

A change of goalie would be welcome but Wright is definitely in the old ‘gets better every week he’s not playing’ category with some. After yesterday though I think a spell out the team is as welcome for Robbie Thomson himself than anyone else.

Not sure I buy the ‘man for man the defence is fine’ line after yesterday either - Murray and particularly Gillespie were very poor. Crane will make a big difference and you’d suspect we’ll desperately be looking for a right back in January, nobody who has played there has been really much good at it. It’s harsh in the extreme for McKay who did very little wrong when he did play, yet can’t get into such a disastrous defence. Needless to say if the roles were reversed and he was part of such a team, he’d be out like a shot.

I’m not totally sure we have a definite answer anywhere in the current squad, but I don’t think it’s unreasonable to try something out at this stage. Shame it’s unbeaten Arbroath who we’re facing next...

Still find it absolutely bizarre that we offered Thomson a contract and when he turned it down Smith then didn’t sign anyone else as replacement. Going on basic logic he identified that we needed a RB, and when he didn’t get the one he wanted (Thomson) he then just didn’t sign anyone else. It’s hindered us all season and will continue to do so until it’s rectified. It absolutely must be top priority in January.

How’s Daniel Armstrong been performing for you lot? Seems to be getting him on the scoresheet quite a lot. He’s a local boy and I said when he was released from Wolves that we should look at him. 

Am I right in thinking he’s only signed up till January? Think he’ll stay till the end of the season? 

How’s Daniel Armstrong been performing for you lot? Seems to be getting him on the scoresheet quite a lot. He’s a local boy and I said when he was released from Wolves that we should look at him. 
Am I right in thinking he’s only signed up till January? Think he’ll stay till the end of the season? 

Been absolutely excellent to be honest. I think we’ll be doing well to hold onto him.