The New Raith Rovers Thread

Regarding the fitness promotion,this is yet another example of the fans in South stand are the be all and end all of Raith.
There is never any such initiatives advertised in or around the main stand.
My age and waist line mean I don't qualify so I am complaining from a position that doesn't affect me 
However even our fans rep on the board has forgotten his pledge at the hustings to meet fans from all parts of the ground and mentioned main stand.
He was the only candidate to tear himself away from trying to impress the south stand fans 
The only time he's  visible now is when he and his missus takes their seats in the directors box
The new lady fans rep is no better.
I understand we need fans of the next generation to fill the south stand but don't forget that although the main stand has fans mainly of an older generation they have been through much more trials and tribulations of the majority on this forum

I assume lady fans rep =SLO. I did make myself available at half time a couple of games back in the Main Stand at halftime. I shall be available next home game (Pars) at halftime in the main Stand.Before each game I tweet where I will be and at what time. I am also available away games and can be reached by email slo@raithrovers.net and on Twitter @Rrfcs Happy to talk to anyone regardless of where they park their bum during the game [emoji3]

56 minutes ago, MadMadge said:

I assume lady fans rep =SLO. I did make myself available at half time a couple of games back in the Main Stand at halftime. I shall be available next home game (Pars) at halftime in the main Stand.Before each game I tweet where I will be and at what time. I am also available away games and can be reached by email slo@raithrovers.net and on Twitter @Rrfcs Happy to talk to anyone regardless of where they park their bum during the game emoji3.png

Because those 2 hours every 2 weeks or so at home games are the only times supporters can contact you :rolleyes:

I've a burning issue that needs addressed, but it'll need to wait until the Pars game. You won't be too busy then will you Madge?

Because those 2 hours every 2 weeks or so at home games are the only times supporters can contact you :rolleyes:
I've a burning issue that needs addressed, but it'll need to wait until the Pars game. You won't be too busy then will you Madge?
If your after a date with madge you'll have to get in line Niall

10 hours ago, Niall Russell said:

You can get a cream for that.

I've been really critical of the output of the club on social media over the last few years, but since the beginning of December it's been excellent, and looks like it's only going to get better. Fair play to the club for sitting up, taking notice and making the change.

Some say it was Mcglynn that changed it...

4 hours ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

Some say it was Mcglynn that changed it...

They would be completely wrong then! The increase / improvement has been driven by the Board and implemented by the volunteer team whose numbers have been strengthened recently...

JM is not into the social media thing in the slightest - listen from 10mins 45secs into last weeks pre-match interview ;) : 

21 minutes ago, Niall Russell said:

They would be completely wrong then! The increase / improvement has been driven by the Board and implemented by the volunteer team whose numbers have been strengthened recently...

JM is not into the social media thing in the slightest - listen from 10mins 45secs into last weeks pre-match interview ;) : 

it was a wee bit banter, sorry it was pish or too much for you. Change it Mcglynn!

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Recently released Ross County midfielder Tony Dingwall is currently on trial with us according to today's Courier.

Bit of a b*****d having that name and being kicked out of Dingwall...

Tony Dingers needs a change of scenery.  25 in the summer and has barely kicked a ball in two years.

At his best he is a low centre of gravity inside forward (who has spent most of his career so far on one of the wings in a 442). He isn't blessed with pace and has a unique running style, but he manages to wriggle himself out of tight spaces.  He is direct, he is good at playing one-twos around the box and isn't shy about shooting from 20 yards.  His best position is as the second striker but he hasn't played there since first coming through from the u20s.

We haven't seen him at his best in quite some time.  Jim McIntyre was ready to let Dingwall go this time two years ago, before Dingwall got a cruciate ligament injury and was given contract extensions to prove his fitness.  He went on loan at Elgin and didn't stand out.  He has spent most of this season as an unused sub or in the stand, despite the squad being depleted a lot in the last couple of months.  After the youthful exuberance faded I think it was clear that he needed to play more games at a lower level to find his way back up again.  I hope he takes his chance because there is a good player there.

Edited by bunglebonce