The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, Paco said:

I think he’ll go though. If you ask Laidlaw, Callachan and Bates who the best young player at Raith Rovers was, they’d all say Vaughan. But Vaughan is the one watching his mates prosper elsewhere.

Do you think Vaughan could step up to the top flight?

I wasn't happy about signing Callachan at all, but his display against Dundee at the weekend was obscene. One of the best "dominant" midfield performances I can ever remember seeing, only beaten by some monstrous displays by Hardie/Davidson when they virtually held opposition teams down by the throat single handed. No idea if he ever hinted he'd have that in him whilst with you lot.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I think Vaughan would need to prove himself at Championship level first. 

He has looked fantastic at times, particularly the start of last season, but it's largely been at lower Championship /League 1 level. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do you think Vaughan could step up to the top flight?

I wasn't happy about signing Callachan at all, but his display against Dundee at the weekend was obscene. One of the best "dominant" midfield performances I can ever remember seeing, only beaten by some monstrous displays by Hardie/Davidson when they virtually held opposition teams down by the throat single handed. No idea if he ever hinted he'd have that in him whilst with you lot.

Callachan got a stick from a lot of our fans, but in general just before he left he was in excellent form. It's a shame he went to Hearts, as if we'd kept him he could've had a huge influence for us. But in the end it didn't work out for either party. The Hearts fans had ridiculous expectations after the first couple of games, and from there it went downhill. I'd be quietly confident he can forge a good career for himself in the top flight. 

As for Vaughan, he's by far and away our best talent from our youths. The only things letting him down are how injury prone he is, and his stature, but even then he's got bags of technical ability and is probably the best player I've seen for turning and being able to beat players. It's easy to forget that he's still only 23. He's been around for what feels like an eternity now. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Saw Regan Hendry on Saturday and he still had the knee brace on over the top of his tracksuit bottoms, absolutely no surprise that he’s no where near a comeback. Heard a wee whisper about Milne back to Montrose.

Interestingly, just watched Mcglynns interview and he was asked about any inquiries to our key players, and he said "Not our key players, no". 

Saw Regan Hendry on Saturday and he still had the knee brace on over the top of his tracksuit bottoms, absolutely no surprise that he’s no where near a comeback. Heard a wee whisper about Milne back to Montrose.
Hope that's true about Milne Sp knows how to play him,permanent transfer or loan?

5 hours ago, foreverarover said:
5 hours ago, gm_1982 said:
Was Scott Robertson any use for you guys? Signed for Brechin until the end of the season.

Go easy as we need hope.

Nope he is horse shit. Like all but Nisbet who Barry Smith has signed over the last 18 months.

Somebody mention a horse?

post-13400-1243793941_thumb.jpg

10 years since Always Next Season was released. Time for a new edition? A lot has happened since 2008.

If John Litster posts on here or anyone on here knows him, please could you ask him about it?

14B277A3-16BC-4A71-996F-FF74CE8FDCC5.jpeg

Edited by Scary Bear

11 hours ago, mo83 said:
11 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Hope that's true about Milne Sp knows how to play him,permanent transfer or loan?

That would be priceless if this happened.

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:
58 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:
Harry Paton back to County.  Would be a good replacement for Hendry.
Robbie Neilson in the Courier also stating that there is no interest in Armstrong and Vaughan.  

Paton has apparently said/been told he'll stay to fight for a first team place at County.

The way County are playing it will be a tall order but fair play to the lad. 

See Andrew Driver is also free got connections to McGlynn.

4 hours ago, Rover1990 said:

Harry Paton back to County.  Would be a good replacement for Hendry.

Robbie Neilson in the Courier also stating that there is no interest in Armstrong and Vaughan.  

Hasn't he played for both County and Stenny this season? If so, he can't play for a third club this season.

Unless that only includes league games?