The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Right back not a priority says McGlynn.

We're also speaking to Cardle, again.

Would suggest, as we suspected, that Armstrong will be away. With talk of Vaughan possibly leaving as well I can see why McGlynn might want to be using any funds for other positions.

Would suggest, as we suspected, that Armstrong will be away. With talk of Vaughan possibly leaving as well I can see why McGlynn might want to be using any funds for other positions.

If it’s true about Vaughan, we have to demand a decent amount. Let’s not make the same old mistakes from previous boards.

If Vaughan wants to progress his career I’d not blame him for wanting to leave. I admire his loyalty thus far but as a relatively young player, and with his ability, he’s wasted at us imo. If he wants to go we’ll ‘not stand in his way’.

Worth mentioning Vaughan is still under 24, so if we offer him a contract on the same terms as he’s currently on we’ll be due a fee from any club that signs him on a pre-contract. Might put off a few clubs.

No idea how much the fee would be but given he’s been here for about eight years, and the Rovers have paid for several operations for him, you’d hope it would be a decent amount.

I think he’ll go though. If you ask Laidlaw, Callachan and Bates who the best young player at Raith Rovers was, they’d all say Vaughan. But Vaughan is the one watching his mates prosper elsewhere.

58 minutes ago, Paco said:

Worth mentioning Vaughan is still under 24, so if we offer him a contract on the same terms as he’s currently on we’ll be due a fee from any club that signs him on a pre-contract. Might put off a few clubs.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, Rovers agree a 'five figure fee' for Vaughan, blissfully unaware of the above ruling.

Chairman Bill Clark defends the deal, stating it is "the highest fee ever received by the club for Lewis Vaughan".

In all seriousness, unless we are protected by the pre contract ruling, given his injury record and contract status we would be lucky to receive more than £20k for him.

In all seriousness, unless we are protected by the pre contract ruling, given his injury record and contract status we would be lucky to receive more than £20k for him.

I can’t think of any Scottish clubs outside the top 6 (if even that) who could really stretch above £20k. So we’d be as well keeping him until the summer and letting the tribunal do the rest, if that’s what it came down to.

I don't think the list of potential suitors would be as long as we think. 

He is a fantastic player, but from a buying clubs perspective, you can't pick out one season where he has performed consistently throughout, granted a large part of that isn't his fault. 

I highly doubt he would command any kind of transfer fee that would make it "worth it". 

8 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

If Vaughan does move on I hope it's not more of the undisclosed fee nonsense. 

Or what?

We've been through this before, if either party doesn't wish to disclose the fee it won't go public.

This won't sit well with most folk but that's how deals are done.