The New Raith Rovers Thread

The real test for Mcglynn starts now – who can he bring in Jan and how can he shake things up lineup wise. 

Harsh reality is that some established senior players will need time out the side – probably Davidson/Benedictus, Matthews, Murray, Buchanan and Thomson have all been inconstant at best and I’d say their positions in the starting lineup should be under review – and that’s before we really look at bringing players in. Mcglynn isn’t known for rocking the boat with senior players, but it needs done as these are the guys who are letting us down right now.  

Im a big fan of Mcglynn, but the stats don’t look good. We’ve lost as much league games in 2 months as we did all of last season. From now on is where we will see if he can truly bring us forward from the Smith era.

I saw enough under Smith in this calendar year to suggest that he wouldn’t have done any better. The way last season ended and the farcical nature of our league cup campaign, coupled with some unconvincing league performances was cause enough for alarm. Yes he left us whilst joint top, but that was after 5 games. What is becoming clear is that he had assembled a squad with no balance to it at all really. When the injuries hit that was really clear, however that excuse has now gone. We are as close to a full squad as we ever have been, and the main issues are not going away.

We need to go on some kind of consistent winning run. League hopes are faint, at the very best, but I cant stomach Arbroath dropping any more points if we don’t capitalise. Added to that, we would need to go into the playoffs on some kind of good form – did the world of good for Alloa last season.

Some wont agree, but I really think it’s the mentality of these players that is letting us down right now. Not saying they don’t care or anything like that, but teams who press us high up the park with a high work rate really bother us for some reason. Sounds like Mclgynn has identified this though so fingers crossed for some progress on that front.

The simple facts are you don’t win leagues with defences like ours, and you don’t win leagues if you cant string more than a couple of wins together – both things needs addressed if we are to think about ending the season in good form – regardless of where that takes us.

The real test for Mcglynn starts now – who can he bring in Jan and how can he shake things up lineup wise. 
Harsh reality is that some established senior players will need time out the side – probably Davidson/Benedictus, Matthews, Murray, Buchanan and Thomson have all been inconstant at best and I’d say their positions in the starting lineup should be under review – and that’s before we really look at bringing players in. Mcglynn isn’t known for rocking the boat with senior players, but it needs done as these are the guys who are letting us down right now.  
Im a big fan of Mcglynn, but the stats don’t look good. We’ve lost as much league games in 2 months as we did all of last season. From now on is where we will see if he can truly bring us forward from the Smith era.
I saw enough under Smith in this calendar year to suggest that he wouldn’t have done any better. The way last season ended and the farcical nature of our league cup campaign, coupled with some unconvincing league performances was cause enough for alarm. Yes he left us whilst joint top, but that was after 5 games. What is becoming clear is that he had assembled a squad with no balance to it at all really. When the injuries hit that was really clear, however that excuse has now gone. We are as close to a full squad as we ever have been, and the main issues are not going away.
We need to go on some kind of consistent winning run. League hopes are faint, at the very best, but I cant stomach Arbroath dropping any more points if we don’t capitalise. Added to that, we would need to go into the playoffs on some kind of good form – did the world of good for Alloa last season.
Some wont agree, but I really think it’s the mentality of these players that is letting us down right now. Not saying they don’t care or anything like that, but teams who press us high up the park with a high work rate really bother us for some reason. Sounds like Mclgynn has identified this though so fingers crossed for some progress on that front.
The simple facts are you don’t win leagues with defences like ours, and you don’t win leagues if you cant string more than a couple of wins together – both things needs addressed if we are to think about ending the season in good form – regardless of where that takes us.

If we don’t get promoted do you want to step into a coaching role? Great analysis!

7 minutes ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Tony Stark(s Park) said:

If we don’t get promoted do you want to step into a coaching role? Great analysis!

It is a great analysis but I seen Calderón flogging bene to Falkirk on their thread so I'd stop short of giving him a coaching role.

I just think if we are offered money for any of our defenders then we are getting a good deal. 

The only positive I can take from yesterday is that we’re only 1 point worse off and it’s still possible Arbroath could implode.

However, we don’t look like a title winning side and East Fife are only 3 points behind us.

We’ve let Barry Smith put a squad together then hoped McGlynn could do better with the squad of players. It’s a squad with no strong goalkeeper, no real full backs, midfielders aplenty and only one real striker.

Unless things change then in all likelihood it’s the dreaded play-offs again. 

Imo your strongest keeper is back from injury, but is sitting on the bench because of that bomb scare Thomson.

4 hours ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Big rumour going about that Vaughan could be off to Dundee Utd. Surely to god if we have any ambitions the board won't even consider it

Apparently part of the deal is you lot getting Sam Wardrop on loan.

Vaughan is a great player but far too injury prone. We can’t rely on him and probably never will be able to. 
If we can get some cash for him, I’d take it.

Seems to be the common consensus that we would take cash for players... same was said for Bene... sure let’s just get rid of them all and go part time.

Cash isn’t going to do anything for us at this level, who exactly are we going to attract

So we should get rid of our players because we can't get better ones, and we should go part time because training twice a week makes you better than training five times a week. I reckon we should forbid our players from training more than once a week - should give us a real edge over east fife and arbroath

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Pie and Bovril mobile app