The New Raith Rovers Thread

Almost as nutty as folk on this forum claiming we would walk this league once Mcglynn came in pie and bovril  the voice of authority. 

I wasn’t a huge fan of McGlynn during his first spell here, based purely on his style of play, but in that tenure we won the third tier, stabilised in the second before finishing second, and also reached the semi-final of the Scottish Cup.

I sincerely doubt we’d have achieved that under Barry Smith, who if anything played an even more stupefyingly dull brand of football.

All we needed was a slight upgrade, and with that in mind, and all the evidence of what went on before, you can surely appreciate why a lot of fans, myself included, felt McGlynn could be just that?

That doesn’t appear to have happened as of yet, indeed it might be that it doesn’t happen at all, but your constant, wearying criticism of fans who had hope it was a good appointment is boring, predictable, and frankly a little weird.

Can understand taking off Nisbet and replacing with Buchanan but taking off Barjonas and replacing him with Matthews,a defensively minded midfielder,was madness in my opinion. The game had still to be won and we threw it away. Not because of Bairds wonder strike but because we squandered far too many chances. When will we learn.

6 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I wasn’t a huge fan of McGlynn during his first spell here, based purely on his style of play, but in that tenure we won the third tier, stabilised in the second before finishing second, and also reached the semi-final of the Scottish Cup.

I sincerely doubt we’d have achieved that under Barry Smith, who if anything played an even more stupefyingly dull brand of football.

All we needed was a slight upgrade, and with that in mind, and all the evidence of what went on before, you can surely appreciate why a lot of fans, myself included, felt McGlynn could be just that?

That doesn’t appear to have happened as of yet, indeed it might be that it doesn’t happen at all, but your constant, wearying criticism of fans who had hope it was a good appointment is boring, predictable, and frankly a little weird.

Opposed to the absolute arrogance of some folk on here who thought just by coming back we would walk this league and anyone who had a different opinion was completely wrong. 

Opposed to the absolute arrogance of some folk on here who thought just by coming back we would walk this league and anyone who had a different opinion was completely wrong. 

This is a generation that applaud mediocrity mate, we need to accept it as it’s the norm.

10 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

7 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

This is a generation that applaud mediocrity mate, we need to accept it as it’s the norm.

I'd be interested to read these posts, if you have links to them?

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I've seen more bad years than good in my 35years supporting the rovers but the abuse I got for questioning Mcglynns appointment was laughable the arrogance of some folk on here is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Sweaty Morph said:

I'd be interested to read these posts, if you have links to them?

Go back to when Mcglynn was appointed I didn't give anyone abuse etc I just questioned why it would be a great appointment.  I gave my opinion only for some folk to get really upset that I questioned their opinion all I want is for the Rovers to succeed but I just knew it wouldn't be just a walk in the park.

I've seen more bad years than good in my 35years supporting the rovers but the abuse I got for questioning Mcglynns appointment was laughable the arrogance of some folk on here is ridiculous. 

Exactly, me too. But some on here love the lose draw lose phenomenon. Being competitive isn’t fashionable

7 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:
25 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Brexit means Brexit, am I right?

Your part of the fan base who will blame Brexit or even Donald Trump before admitting you got it wrong on Mcglynn. 

Go back to when Mcglynn was appointed I didn't give anyone abuse etc I just questioned why it would be a great appointment.  I gave my opinion only for some folk to get really upset that I questioned their opinion all I want is for the Rovers to succeed but I just knew it wouldn't be just a walk in the park.

Ian Murray was my candidate, John McGlynn was always a hard worker behind the scenes. But watching his teams play was painful. There was no planA, planB or planZ

42 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Pretty much this. 

McGlynn hasn't worked out as planned, but the players need to take a big chiubk of blame too - and I'd like to see how Mcglynn gets on in the summer building his own squad. 

Plus, in all honesty, who else could we get? Do we sack McGlynn and go onto yet another manager? 

He absolutely has to change the defence though, in order to receive any goodwill. 

Willing to give an experienced manager time to get it right isn't in anyway accepting mediocrity. There's an element of our fanbase who seem to hate Mcglynn and seem desperate for him to fail.