The New Raith Rovers Thread

The defence is pretty much sorted already, so credit to McGlynn there. Signing McGurn up again is great news and Malone is a decent signing. Would be good to get another centre half who can win everything in the Ayr (time machine for Big Marv?). It'll be interesting to see what happens with the midfield and forwards.

In my mind I always remember him shooting from the half way line, a la Nayim. Then you watch the video and realise it was just outside the box, cracking strike though.

Also of note from that video,

A) Derek Johnstone, the worst tv presenter of all time and its no even close. What a balloon.

B) The other scorer was Paul Browne. When we signed him Aston Villa wanted 500k for him before it was decided by a tribunial!

B) The other scorer was Paul Browne. When we signed him Aston Villa wanted 500k for him before it was decided by a tribunial!

Haha I remember that

I remember after the tribunal Rovers claiming they had just signed the future captain of Scotland on the cheap,

didn't take long to realise Villa had pulled a fast one :D :D

The celebrations after that Dargo goal were my favourite ever.

I'd have thought Walker's would have superseded that one. Wasn't there for the Dargo goal, but for Walker's one it was utterly immense. It was a brilliant feeling to turn around and stare at the crowd for a few seconds just going utterly apeshit, that was before I got jumped on by my mate going mental! biggrin.gif

Walkers was close but not as good. It was a combination of factors. We had taken the lead with about 10 or 15 minutes to go after being pummeled for most of the game and the atmosphere was euphoric enough before you added Dargo's goal into the equation. It was just an outrageous attempt and tv doesn't do it justice. I was about 5 rows from the back but was down the front of the stand before I knew what had happened. It was superb. Funnily enough the Walker goal had the same slow motion moment before the ball dipped into the far corner.

Roll on east end next season!

Maybe McGlynn was looking at Ryan Donnelly? Wonder if he is out of contract?

Its unfair to judge a player on one performance but Donnelly was anonymous. The BBC showed an interview with him at half time and he's looking for a full time contract somewhere anyway is seems.

I would imagine Donnelly will end up at an SPL club and put into their U-19s or something. Isn't he only 17 and still under contract? The latter part puts him pretty much out of reach for a club in this league.

Whatever he was doing there, I hope he wasn't looking at the immobile hillbilly that is Derek Holmes.