The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Looks like we're sending representation to arbitration per the FFP. 

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united-raith-rovers-and-cove-rangers-will-continue-fight-tribunal-approaches-2907423

Bill Clark rates our chances as 50/50. This is because the case is being judged based on company law. That’s pretty worrying, I always felt it was very unlikely things would be reversed and at worst compensation would be agreed. Hopefully he’s just preparing for the worst, just in case, as is the correct approach.

On a more positive note, the article does not mention anything about administration. Clark said some other clubs have pledged financial support which should make us secure in terms of the money position.

18 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/dundee-united-raith-rovers-and-cove-rangers-will-continue-fight-tribunal-approaches-2907423

Bill Clark rates our chances as 50/50. This is because the case is being judged based on company law. That’s pretty worrying, I always felt it was very unlikely things would be reversed and at worst compensation would be agreed. Hopefully he’s just preparing for the worst, just in case, as is the correct approach.

On a more positive note, the article does not mention anything about administration. Clark said some other clubs have pledged financial support which should make us secure in terms of the money position.

Genuine question not having a dig - Chances for what? What is Raith’s aim? 

2 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Genuine question not having a dig - Chances for what? What is Raith’s aim? 

I think it's just his turn of phrase to say, he doesnt know how it'll go. Our aim is pretty simple: confirmed as playing championship football next season.

Just now, renton said:

I think it's just his turn of phrase to say, he doesnt know how it'll go. Our aim is pretty simple: confirmed as playing championship football next season.

Fair enough, i have no idea what’s going to happen, obviously, but I’d say I’m 99.9% confident you’ll be a Championship club next season. Reckon, Hearts and Thistle will, rightly in my view, be given an adequate compensation package and be sent on their way. (Which I actually think they’d gladly take)  I thought Raith might have actually just pulled out the whole thing, I suppose on paper their is still the risk of overturning promotions, so they rightly feel they need to defend themselves, but in reality, I don’t see that happening at all. Hope it’s all done and dusted soon anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

The sooner we get our £2 million and settle into League 1 the better.

Not sure it’ll be £2m, but compensation and settle into League 1, absolutely 

I wouldn't read too much into what Bill Clark is quoted as saying re. our chances... it would look bad if he came out and said that he thought we were certain to win.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'll see your £1.5m and drop it to £1.4m.

We've a bidding war, Partick, and the price is going down rather than up. How much do you want that Championship place? 

Anything less than 2million and we take it back to court and serve an interdict to stop football  starting.

f**k sake, didn’t realise it was your decision to make.

Better watch out lads or Highlandmagyar 3rd Tier will sue us all.