The New Raith Rovers Thread

Hearts shouldn,t have been back in training.Return to training for Lower league clubs which includes Hearts was 17th August

Jason Leitch take on it “Hearts are already training because of the court case and the Premiership and the possibility of them being up there”

Hearts were relegated to the Championship when leagues were called so were a championship club at time of court case/arbitration irrespective of the slim chance of over turning it

Edited by Rovers_Lad

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Hearts shouldn,t have been back in training.Return to training for Lower league clubs which includes Hearts was 17th August

Jason Leitch take on it “Hearts are already training because of the court case and the Premiership and the possibility of them being up there”

Hearts were relegated to the Championship when leagues were called so were a championship club at time of court case/arbitration irrespective of the slim chance of over turning it

Budgie apparently specifically referenced a disadvantage to Hibs if they can’t train....too bad.

10 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Sick of that club tbh 

The way things are headed I don't think the season will be able to start in October. Disastrous for clubs that have players signed up for the new season. 

We’ve all surely inserted clauses into contracts about what to do if the season is stopped... right?

I can’t believe we’re starting this season with no clear guidance on what to do in a range of scenarios. In theory we have to have a vote on what to do if the season finishes after one game, and there’s a clearly looming scenario of the lower-leagues beginning, crowds not being allowed at all in the entire season and clubs seriously struggling to make that work. Some would want to stop, and some wouldn’t.

The SPFL tried to take control of this but the clubs denied them. There’s going to be some even messier votes to come in future.

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

The way things are headed I don't think the season will be able to start in October. Disastrous for clubs that have players signed up for the new season. 

I think it's too early to hit the panic button. Was probably always going to be the case that light touch regulation would end up with the situation regarding the Aberdeen players and the Celtic guy. 

The organisation will be putting in some proper deterrents now. I think we are probably about 6 weeks away from realistically having even a conversation about phase 4 though. I think we will get the season up and running in October but I'm more pessimistic than I was about crowds being there at the start.

Edited by renton

16 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Source?

Not saying you are wrong but I've not seen the 17th listed as a return date anywhere. I know we enquired earlier this month and were told there was nothing to stop us training then if we wanted to and complied with the regulations. We haven't yet but there's definitely more than just Hearts undertaking some kind of training.

No reliable source at time of my post but sure had read or heard that specific date SD

However according to an article in the papers today you are indeed correct.As long as clubs complied with the regulations eg testing etc they were permitted to train of course that wouldn,t have applied to a number of  clubs who furloughed their players

At least the 2nd time you've claimed this. We're far from certain that will happen. The Scottish Govt suggested there MIGHT be the possibility of some limited attendances at live outdoor sport from that date. We're yet to get detail of what that means and what procedures will need to be in place for it to happen, let alone the fact that it was conditional on keeping the virus under control. Since that announcement we've got Aberdeen going into lockdown (and Aberdeen FC's players not helping the case that football can be trusted to comply with measures required either). We also have schools going back for 4 or 5 weeks before that date and we'll see what that leads to.
I think we're a long way away from certain there will be fans in September. There's a chance, it's no more than that at this stage.
German FA had stated not until next year for crowds.

On 12/08/2020 at 08:54, baillieinleeds said:

Just hope McGlynn hasn’t caught Paul Hartley syndrome, Filled his Falkirk team with absolute no marks. Where have we signed these guys from. The English 9th tier or something?!?!

Haha if you did a 'Falkirk' it would be quite tremendous. 

You're right to be concerned. Falkirk signed some absolute trash and it fucked them for years. They're still trying to recover from it and potentially could be in League 1 for two more seasons. Was brilliant that pre-season seeing some of their fans jizzing over the absolute jobbers they signed. A couple of them actually thought they'd win the league!

I think you'll be fine though as you've not filled your team with such pish like Falkirk did. Think you'll be comfortable this coming season.