The New Raith Rovers Thread

Courier seem pretty keen on Grant Murray. Same kind of language as the McGlynn to Hearts articles, "lined-up by the board" etc, usual stuff.

I wouldn't be utterly miserable if it was Murray, depending on whether he sees himself as an integral part of the Rovers midfield :lol:

I wouldn't be utterly miserable if it was Murray, depending on whether he sees himself as an integral part of the Rovers midfield :lol:

I think from his point of view he would probably see this season more for his coaching side of the game, providing Ellis is fit would probably be him and Hill as first choice pairing in defence with Walker and Hamill in the middle (when we get our 2/3 loan signings come through)

What's Davie irons doing these days rolleyes.gif

On a serious note. Anyone know if James Grady is still interested in management? Thought he did ok at cappielow a few years back. Could be worth a punt.

Just. No....

I would be happy enough to see bert murray get the job. People seem to be questioning his lack of experience, but remember one thing - how much experience did jimmy nic have before he got the job??

Through coaching/ being assistant manager for a bit etc...

Cameron for example had the benefit of being Jimmy Nics assistant for a year.

It's asking alot throwing Grant Murray straight into the hotseat like this.

I don't understand people moaning at the lack of experience. How is a manager ever going to get experience if no one gives them the opportunity?

Levein, Mixu, Lennon and Cameron were all inexperienced when they got the manager's job at Cowden. They all did OK.

The were all hungry and determined to do well. There are plenty of experienced "duds" available but that is surely a much bigger risk for the Rovers

I'd be quite happy for Grant Murray to become gaffer. He's your man at the club all day every day, and he's got Paul Smith there at times to be his real sounding board and be there for all the big decisions. As well as that you've got Craig Ireland running the Reserves with Laurie Ellis assisting him. Every chance Ellis could take on a lot of the Youth responsibilities that John McGlynn had. It's a neat wee management team.

I would be happy enough to see bert murray get the job. People seem to be questioning his lack of experience, but remember one thing - how much experience did jimmy nic have before he got the job??

Same type o player. Get Stephen Mcanespie back from America as his number 2 he has a lot of good contacts n get us some really good young yanks across lol

Care to elaborate?

From what I've been told by several people

Involved in the youth setup is that him and Jimmy Lindsay were the major reasons we were not bringing as many potential boys through

His coaching techniques and especially his man management have been highly criticised, again from several sources, which is forcing boys away from the club and into others (where they have then made the step up to first team)

Edited by donny86

From what I've been told by several people

Involved in the youth setup is that him and Jimmy Lindsay were the major reasons we were not bringing as many potential boys through

His coaching techniques and especially his man management have been highly criticised, again from several sources, which is forcing boys away from the club and into others (where they have then made the step up to first team)

They've made the step up but at what level? Div 2 or 3? Lindsay has been given the boot so Rovers must have considered him to be more of a problem than Ireland.

They've made the step up but at what level? Div 2 or 3? Lindsay has been given the boot so Rovers must have considered him to be more of a problem than Ireland.

A couple division 2, one division one and 2 SPL

Lindsay wasn't sacked he resigned, problem being without a reason of gross misconduct etc it's hard to get rid of them

What you need to keep in mind is players leave before they get to the 19s set up, Lindsay and Ireland should have been helping players transition and it wasn't happening

So what your saying is that you dont have names. Ireland was with the u19s and them alone so how can he be to blame for younger players whom he had no contact with. MAybe better get facts right before slagging folk off

Edited by starks mad