The New Raith Rovers Thread

Correct. Happened a few days after this game. 25k for Marv, Tosh and Burns. Fucking shameful !

IIRC correctly we beat Livingston 4-0 at their place and the next week we lost 1-0 at home to Morton. That loss triggered the sale of our 3 best players for basically nothing.

It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if we had managed to keep those 3. In hindsight I don't think we would have won the title (Hetherston was a average manager at best) but we would have been at but further away from the relegation zone.

My most vivid memory from those days was the public meeting held shortly after the fire sale. The board pledged that they really did have a business plan in place but couldn't actually answer any pointed questions that were given to them.

Definitely the start of darker times for the club after those 3 were sold. Even when Calderon was in charge, that high point of good football was still just papering over the cracks that were ever increasing..then in stepped Anelka and it was uh oh!!!!

The Rangers debacle has made everyone forget all about Celtic. Whilst they are certainly a lesser enemy, they arse still c***s of an extremely high order.

I forget are we not meant to be encouraging Celtic fans to come to the game? Given there is truth in your statement but surely we leave that for after they have turned up at the game?