The New Raith Rovers Thread

22 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

In other news, I see Keatings is still up at Montrose came of the bench in the 74th minute

Is that him till the end if the season, or hopefully gone permanent

Nope, loan till sometime in Jan 2022.

1 hour ago, broomiesniper said:

Thought some shouts towards Keatings were unnecessary, yes he’s disappointed but I don’t think he’s really been fully fit and criticism won’t help things 

35 minutes ago, notsofedupendie said:

Keatings reminds me of McLean when he signed. Thinks he’s better than the Mo and not prepared to do the hard stuff.  Just wants to flit around. He was embarrassing v Peterhead .. made token attempts at closing down but as soon as the centre halves ran past him .. which was every single time .. he gave up. Never put in a single challenge. I’d forgive that if he was clinical up top but he isn’t.  I hope he picks up but right now he’s 3rd or 4th pick for centre forward. 

Sounds like it's going well then...

19 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Strange how we've brought back Mckay and Mahaday so soon then, unless theres another reason for Coulson and Keatings

Got me looking…Mahady was announced 13 July and Coulson was announced 16 July, both until January 2022…Keatings was 22 Sept, until January 2022, while McKay was 30 Sept, until “early” January 2022.

So, off to Transfermarkt…Mahady shows ending loan 1 Jan 2022, while Coulson shows 2 Jan 2022. McKay shows 1 Jan 2022 and Keatings shows 16 Jan 2022.

All that being said, Coulson was getting more time than Mahady, and Cowden might be interested in an extended loan. Keatings, I suspect we want him to stay gone…but I doubt Montrose will oblige.

Edited to add:

Mahady got 132 minutes in 7 matches, and 1 goal.

Coulson got 700 minutes in 16 matches, and no goals.

Edited by TxRover

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Got me looking…Mahady was announced 13 July and Coulson was announced 16 July, both until January 2022…Keatings was 22 Sept, until January 2022, while McKay was 30 Sept, until “early” January 2022.

So, off to Transfermarkt…Mahady shows ending loan 1 Jan 2022, while Coulson shows 2 Jan 2022. McKay shows 1 Jan 2022 and Keatings shows 16 Jan 2022.

All that being said, Coulson was getting more time than Mahady, and Cowden might be interested in an extended loan. Keatings, I suspect we want him to stay gone…but I doubt Montrose will oblige.

Not good enough Tx, we want minutes and seconds that Coulson and Mahady featured for Cowden. If you have time, which I'm sure you do, minutes and seconds along with touches in both halves of each game Keatings featured for Montrose. Please and thank you. 

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Not good enough Tx, we want minutes and seconds that Coulson and Mahady featured for Cowden. If you have time, which I'm sure you do, minutes and seconds along with touches in both halves of each game Keatings featured for Montrose. Please and thank you. 

Added Mahady and Coulson data as you typed that…Keatings only touching at Montrose was generally on the bench and through his pants.

Edit: 535 minutes, 9 games, 1 goal for Keatings.

Edited by TxRover

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

😁😁😁😁😁😁😉

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Added Mahady and Coulson data as you typed that…Keatings only touching at Montrose was generally on the bench and through his pants.

Edit: 535 minutes, 9 games, 1 goal for Keatings.

How is McGlynn meant to evaluate the quality of these guys with only minutes, we need seconds as well damn it. And whilst you're at it an average time when X player came off the bench and if there's any pattern. Cross reference that with the teams current squad as well. Has Mahady/Coulson came on for a specific player? If so why? Call the gaffer if you have to. 

17 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Is she as dirty as your windaes?

Ask her, but she has a 30 oz softball bat that she uses to answer such questions.

Now, back to the complaints about Varian. On a points per 90 minutes (in League only), Varian is one of our more effective players, at +0.50, and paired with Zanatta (+0.79) and Connolly (+0.61) seems well matched. Pops is lagging at +0.31

Midfield, Spencer at +0.93 is truely missed, with Matthews struggling at +0.28 and Tait at +0.38. Ross and BRS both clock in at 0.0.

In the rear, Musonda is at +0.79 in limited exposure and mainly wide, while at CH, Berra is a rocklike +0.62 while playing all but the last two matches, Bene is at +0.15 and Lang is at +0.35. On the sides, Tumilty is at +0.42 and Dick is at +0.24.

Edited by TxRover

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Ask her, but she has a 30 oz softball ball that she uses to answer such questions.

Now, back to the complaints about Varian. On a points per 90 minutes (in League only), Varian is one of our more effective players, at +0.50, and paired with Zanatta (+0.79) and Connolly (+0.61) seems well matched. Pops is lagging at +0.31

Midfield, Spencer at +0.93 is truely missed, with Matthews struggling at +0.28 and Tait at +0.38. Ross and BRS both clock in at 0.0.

In the rear, Musonda is at +0.79 in limited exposure and mainly wide, while at CH, Berra is a rocklike +0.62 while playing all but the last two matches, Bene is at +0.15 and Lang is at +0.35. On the sides, Tumilty is at +0.42 and Dick is at +0.24.

A softball ball, is that like a football ball?

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Don't need to...draw your own conclusions.

I don't have time for that bollocks. That's your job. 

20 minutes ago, TxRover said:

im-shocked-gif.gif

I noticed that Alan Temple at the courier asked McGlynn about the reported interested in Goodwillie. McGlynn’s response was ‘I’m not going to get dragged into that.’

Doesn’t exactly confirm an active interest but also doesn’t completely quash the rumours in the same way a simple response of ‘We won’t be signing David’ would have.

Anyway, on yesterday’s game, it gave me a similar feel to the 0-0 draw at home to Dumbarton under McKinnon towards the end of January.

A draw to stop consecutive defeats and promising performances from new signings. However, a very clear lack of confidence and quality in the final third. It feels like our good start to the season is petering out as it did back then but a couple of good additions in the final third would make all the difference, midfield now looks fine and defence solid when Berra returns. 

Let’s hope we can have as successful a window as we did back in 2016 and kick on with another run. Tough couple of games coming up but we’ve actually faired better against the top 5 than we have against the bottom 5. A big result in one or both of those games along with a quality striker coming could really shift the momentum as things have gone a bit flat.