The New Raith Rovers Thread

20 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I’d be happy for Gullan to sign for us but I wouldn’t be disappointed if he didn’t.

On the other hand, I would be disappointed if he signed for another championship team.
That’s where I am with him- good player, he’s got enough about him to cause championship defences a problem, but he’s not a prolific goal scorer or a stand-out at this level.

He's not really had much of a chance, but I'm sure hes a much better option than the fleetings of Keatings

It kind of sounds like Tait won't even be available tomorrow based on that. 

Poorly worded article on the website I think. Tait is definitely available.

The biggest thing to take from the article is the lack of mention of James Keatings. Think the silence says it all.

19 minutes ago, Paco said:

Poorly worded article on the website I think. Tait is definitely available.

The biggest thing to take from the article is the lack of mention of James Keatings. Think the silence says it all.

Yep,cant be arsed listening to it again but sure In  Dunfermline pre match interview he mentioned this would be Taits last game with us.Never said he,d be playing though 😉

Sir McGlynn also intimated that Taits loan deal with us wont be extended

That was some day out that. Cracking away support, non stop singing and bedlam at the equaliser....finished with us chanting Gary Lockes name [emoji28]
Aye it was a great day. I'll never forgive myself for chanting lockes name like that [emoji23]

38 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

Anyone else think Varian is completely useless? Or just me... 

Just you…he causes problem for the defense and harries the keeper ceaselessly.

Stanton and Williamson impressed today.

Tries hard but we need more from a striker. 1 league goal isn't good enough. He's never in the right position and when we have the ball and looking to create something he's extremely easy to defend against.

Happy for him to come off the bench but we desperately need something else up top.

57 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

He looked really poor today. I can't fathom why Poplatnik was taken off before him. 

He probably comes across better when you can watch him in person rather than on a stream though so as you get a better idea of his work rate. 

Ideally we could really do with getting rid of him and Poplatnik and revamping our attack completely but obviously with no guarantee of getting anyone else in it was probably a sensible decision to extend his loan. 

1 hour ago, JaketheSnake said:

I wouldn't call him useless, but he needs to do far more in front of goal. 2 goals is a very poor return for our main striker. 

Harries the keeper ceaselessly? OFW could have been reading this thread today, such was the absence of harrying.

I get all the work rate stuff and creating space for others, but bottom line is he's a striker. Who rarely strikes. A non striker, if you will. We need more potency. Quickly.