The New Raith Rovers Thread

Often someone like Walker gets the role through default by virtue of the fact he's been at the club for a few years.

He's not captain material though and considering his poor form this season you could argue that it's hindering him.

Allan Walker is very much captain material for me. He continually encourages the side, and did so long before he became captain, and indeed often did more so than the actual captain, seems to be the main 'joker' in the dressing room and is well liked by the players. He's also virtually a guaranteed starter and is usually a good player. His early season form was very good. He like the rest of the team is in a rut at the moment but he'll come good again.

Mensing would be a good captain too, I'd have no arguments with it, but stripping Walker of the captaincy mid-season because he's in poor form would be a stupid move.

Raith Rovers are becoming more and more Celtic minded.

Next thing you know, they'll be holding candlelight vigils with one another.

Agreed. I'm sick of the way we lay down in three cup finals, got pumped 8-1 by them and also the way our fans sing 'Hail, Hail'. We may as well play in hoops.

On a serious note, the scarves are clearly disgusting. But if the part-timers/local Celtic 'fans' snap them up you can't complain.

The only way Walker will be stripped of the captaincy is if he's accused of bottling some c**t in Kittys.

Talk of changing the captaincy smacks of desperation. Probable false hope that a significant change like that would change our fortunes.

It's a bit like when my Mum takes her lucky ring to the bingo instead of the wee Buddha.

Edited by Andy C

Allan Walker is very much captain material for me. He continually encourages the side, and did so long before he became captain, and indeed often did more so than the actual captain, seems to be the main 'joker' in the dressing room and is well liked by the players. He's also virtually a guaranteed starter and is usually a good player. His early season form was very good. He like the rest of the team is in a rut at the moment but he'll come good again.

Mensing would be a good captain too, I'd have no arguments with it, but stripping Walker of the captaincy mid-season because he's in poor form would be a stupid move.

Agreed. I'm sick of the way we lay down in three cup finals, got pumped 8-1 by them and also the way our fans sing 'Hail, Hail'. We may as well play in hoops.

On a serious note, the scarves are clearly disgusting. But if the part-timers/local Celtic 'fans' snap them up you can't complain.

Completely gotten to, reply doesn't even make sense.

Completely gotten to, reply doesn't even make sense.

This guy seems a rasonable punter,visits Stark's from time to time.

Wonder how many of the Pars support will transfer their loyalties to Raith when DAFC finally go under, or they could go to Cowdenbeath?

Just askin'......smile.gif

Aye, I'm not keen on them either but its heartening that the commercial dept are trying things like this.

Heartening?! Revolting more like. I'd be embarrassed if DAFC did this & you lot would have a field day, don't even try to deny it....

1358799254[/url]' post='7004801']

Heartening?! Revolting more like. I'd be embarrassed if DAFC did this & you lot would have a field day, don't even try to deny it....

Revolting? Trying to make the club money?

But.. but we're the wee team! This is what wee teams do to commemorate a tie against the Scottish champions to make a fast buck.

If only the Pars commercial dept (Does that even exist?) were as on the ball as ours you might not be as much in the shit as you are just now.

Only kidding, ye's are fucked! :lol:

Thanks. Abuse now. It's getting harder to have a discussion with Raith fans without being abused or told to f**k off.....

Pandering to either half of the old firm to make a fast buck. Something I thought Turnbull Hutton would never advocate........

1358805697[/url]' post='7005148']

Thanks. Abuse now. It's getting harder to have a discussion with Raith fans without being abused or told to f**k off.....

Pandering to either half of the old firm to make a fast buck. Something I thought Turnbull Hutton would never advocate........

f**k off baw bag....!

1358806007[/url]' post='7005166']

To be fair, commercial sense and Dunfermline are two entities most unfamiliar with eachother, so can't be too hard on them.

The scarf is fucking horrible but if people but it fair do's.

But it what it, c'mon bud sober up....

1358805697[/url]' post='7005148']

Go and f**k off with your feeling sorry for yourself type posts about being abused. If you are going to come on to a thread and act like an erse, be prepared to be treated like an erse.

Turnbull Hutton's main priority (after important things like his family, health etc) is, unsurprisingly, Raith Rovers. If the commercial dept come up with an idea that may help our financial situation in some small way then I'm sure he's all for it. How is selling a commemorative scarf pandering to the OF anyway?

Aye, I'm not keen on them either but its heartening that the commercial dept are trying things like this.

It's only heartening if they've got it right and there are enough fans that actually want to buy them. Otherwise it's just a poorly thought through idea, which could cost the club money.

Go and f**k off with your feeling sorry for yourself type posts about being abused. If you are going to come on to a thread and act like an erse, be prepared to be treated like an erse.

Turnbull Hutton's main priority (after important things like his family, health etc) is, unsurprisingly, Raith Rovers. If the commercial dept come up with an idea that may help our financial situation in some small way then I'm sure he's all for it. How is selling a commemorative scarf pandering to the OF anyway?

OK. I will leave it alone as you seem too blind to see it & are a tad touchy.

Definitely one to be stored & casted up the next time you lot get all high & mighty.

One final word - honestly are you or do you know ANYONE who will buy one of these scarves? Be honest now...:

Edited by da_no_1

OK. I will leave it alone as you seem too blind to see it & are a tad touchy.

Definitely one to be stored & casted up the next time you lot get all high & mighty.

One final word - honestly are you or do you know ANYONE who will buy one of these scarves? Be honest now...:

Oh do f**k off, there's a good chap.