The New Raith Rovers Thread

1358806575[/url]' post='7005213']

It's only heartening if they've got it right and there are enough fans that actually want to buy them. Otherwise it's just a poorly thought through idea, which could cost the club money.

Same with any venture really.

Speculate to accumulate and all that.

1358806821[/url]' post='7005240']

OK. I will leave it alone as you seem too blind to see it & are a tad touchy.

I'd really like to know how a 50/50 scarf is pandering to the OF though?

OK. I will leave it alone as you seem too blind to see it & are a tad touchy.

Definitely one to be stored & casted up the next time you lot get all high & mighty.

One final word - honestly are you or do you know ANYONE who will buy one of these scarves? Be honest now...:

I'll buy one just to annoy you.

*waves to Andy*

Same with any venture really.

Speculate to accumulate and all that.

I'd really like to know how a 50/50 scarf is pandering to the OF though?

But surely you would ask a few fans first and see how they react? That way you'd get a feel for whether your customers would buy a new product. Hopefully the reaction on here is the minority view otherwise they are going to be left with a lot of unsold scarves.

1358807422[/url]' post='7005282']

But surely you would ask a few fans first and see how they react? That way you'd get a feel for whether your customers would buy a new product. Hopefully the reaction on here is the minority view otherwise they are going to be left with a lot of unsold scarves.

Possibly, or like Paco said, they might fly out the door in the hands of the big game hunters.

The commercial dept won't have jumped in blind I don't think. I'd imagine there will be a very limited amount available so any potential losses won't be substantial.

That scarf is fucking horrible, I don't care if it makes us any money. No self respecting Rovers fan would touch it.

The only opponent in my Rovers supporting life that I think this was a good idea was the Bayern Munich one. That is a once in a lifetime event. This is the second time this season we have played Celtic FFS.

For a club that took such a principled stance in the summer to now be hooring itself to this sort of nonsense is very disappointing. Not doing ourselves any favours on the "wee team" debate.

:(

That scarf is fucking horrible, I don't care if it makes us any money. No self respecting Rovers fan would touch it.

The only opponent in my Rovers supporting life that I think this was a good idea was the Bayern Munich one. That is a once in a lifetime event. This is the second time this season we have played Celtic FFS.

For a club that took such a principled stance in the summer to now be hooring itself to this sort of nonsense is very disappointing. Not doing ourselves any favours on the "wee team" debate.

:(

Exactly.

FFS if you don't like the scarf don't buy it, I won't be buying one myself but if the club turn a profit on them then it's been a good venture.

This

I reckon the vast majority of real rovers fans won't go anywhere near this, however you might sell a few to the Celtic fans from Kirkcaldy that have a "soft spot" for their wee team.

This