The New Raith Rovers Thread

One player who has committed his short-term future to Raith is midfielder Stuart Anderson, who has extended his six-month deal until the end of the season.The 26-year-old, who has also played with Livingston, Ross County and Peterhead during spells north of the border, has bolstered Rovers’ options in midfield this term and is very much in Murray’s plans moving into next year.

The Rovers boss added: “Stuart has extended his deal until the rest of the season, so we’re all delighted with that.

“He’s been a good player for us,” he concluded.

so said the Courier the other week.:

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/football/div-1/raith-rovers-hope-to-hold-on-to-hearts-winger-1.61981

Does anyone know how many part-time players we have this season?

don't need to know who they are, just wondering if anyone vaguely in-the-know can tell me how many of them we currently have.

McGurn, Stuart Anderson and Dougie Hill are all part-time. I'm not sure about any of the others.

Eddie Malone is definitely part-time as well. I'm sure Ellis signed a part-time contract as well but he was subsequently promoted to coach so I assume he's full-time now.

This season is a load of shite we aren't going to challenge and we will limp over the line with enough points to stay up and most of the squad are out of contract in the summer

What we you expecting ?

There was a major cut in the playing budget of a team that had previously 'limped over the line' ?

This season is a load of shite we aren't going to challenge and we will limp over the line with enough points to stay up and most of the squad are out of contract in the summer

We had a good run in the league cup and are still in the Scottish Cup. Our league form has dipped a bit recently but we're still comfortable in mid table. All with a new, inexperienced manager and a relatively small budget. If that's your definition of a load of shite season then I'd maybe start thinking about supporting Celtic or Man U.

My solution is to just attend home games. Our home form has been okay this season. If we hadn't conceded so many late goals this season we might be doing a bit better. Off the top of my head; Partick, Dumbarton, Morton. Any more?

I'm looking forward to the Accies game, weather permitting.

Midtable in the First Division with some decent cup games is a good season for Raith Rovers.

Edited by Scary Bear

I would have bitten your hand off for mid table with decent cup games at the start of every season we've had in the first.

I genuinely dont know what some expect watching the Rovers.

Games against Alloa at that god forsaken f**k hole getting hammered in recent years, being 2 goals down to Brechin by the time emergency tone had finished, Craig Winters, losing 5 goals at home to Peterhead, Craig Winters, getting horsed in the play offs by Stirling and Airdrie, Craig Winters - these all put things into context for me. I'd rather be mid table in the First than mid table in the Second!

That has always been a good season for Raith, 3 years of over achieving 20 years ago, and some fans still think we are a 'big' club.

Hey! It was 4 years! Possibly even 5 years if you count the last relegation season from the Premier League when we reached the Scottish Cup quarter finals.

Remember when we were on the verge of fighting to stay in the 2nd division?

[sarcasm/]That was good, eh! I'd rather that than this established 1st division team carry on.[/sarcasm]

Just thinking about those days brings down my mood. Those were grim times for following the Rovers.

1358087440[/url]' post='6980494']

Just thinking about those days brings down my mood. Those were grim times for following the Rovers.

Agreed.

The worrying thing is that, as bad as we were, we probably still had a better average home attendance than what we have this season if we removed the anomaly that are the Pars games.

Agreed.

The worrying thing is that, as bad as we were, we probably still had a better average home attendance than what we have this season if we removed the anomaly that are the Pars games.

[/quote

I don't think it is just the Rovers that have that problem though. I'm sure most clubs attendances will be down on average from a few years ago.

Agreed.

It was rubbish when we were grubbing about bottom/midtable in the 2nd Division, but we were only paying £12 to get in then (or was it a tenner? I forget). I realise that overheads have risen significantly since then, but wages haven't. £17 is too much money for the standard of football we're watching. That said, you could probably drop the admission price to a tenner for adults and crowds would stay roughly as they are.

Even if you took the Dunfermline away fans off, we still have the fifth biggest support in the League. Our average attendance is 500 more than the team in sixth place, and our average crowd is 1930. Morton are top of the league and their average attendance is only 2046.

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scotone/attendances

Edited by Scary Bear