The New Raith Rovers Thread

A policy I absolutely cannot agree with.

Fair enough season ticket holders can get them, but also for any Tom, Dick, Harry or other big game fan that never bothers their arse? I think that's pretty poor.

Its a topic which has been done to death and I'm sure everyone is well acquainted with. I totally understand why you feel that way. A voucher system would well have been preferable to see individuals who pay on a week to week basis rewarded. However, the reality of the situation is that we're in between away games in the middle of December and the club will be happy to see any money as soon as possible. unsure.gif

Most people who want to go will be there. If you leave it for a while to get tickets then that's, without meaning to sound harsh, kind of your own fault.

I can't make Stark's tomorrow so will probably just order online to make sure I get a ticket. Don't want to chance leaving it til Thursday in case we manage to shift 2800 tomorrow. You never know. :ph34r:

As Turnbull Hutton has stated, 'Until we fill the South Stand, there is no point in putting the seats back in the Railway Stand'

The South Stand is very rarely full, this is an opportunity to do so.

I also think it may lure some big game fans back to Starks Park, glass half full and all that.

I don't see any reason why allowing ST holders to only purchase a ticket for themselves wouldn't see us fill the stand.

We filled it against Aberdeen without allowing them to buy lots (as far as I'm aware).

At least you can pretty much guarantee it will be Rovers fans in those seats. Once the public sale starts its a free for all including Celtic fans.

There's nothing to stop ST holders buying for Celtic-supporting mates.

Its a topic which has been done to death and I'm sure everyone is well acquainted with. I totally understand why you feel that way. A voucher system would well have been preferable to see individuals who pay on a week to week basis rewarded. However, the reality of the situation is that we're in between away games in the middle of December and the club will be happy to see any money as soon as possible. unsure.gif

One season ticket, one ticket. That's how it should be. I've no problem with that, even though I chose not to buy one this year.

Giving them first dibs at their own tickets is fine; giving them first dibs at open market tickets as well isn't. They shouldn't be getting it both ways.

I'll probably be ordering them from Livesport - grr, third parties with my details!!!! :angry: - tomorrow as the times don't suit me in my current employment.

Edited by Michael W

I don't see any reason why allowing ST holders to only purchase a ticket for themselves wouldn't see us fill the stand.

We filled it against Aberdeen without allowing them to buy lots (as far as I'm aware).

There's nothing to stop ST holders buying for Celtic-supporting mates.

One season ticket, one ticket. That's how it should be. I've no problem with that, even though I chose not to buy one this year.

Giving them first dibs at their own tickets is fine; giving them first dibs at open market tickets as well isn't. They shouldn't be getting it both ways.

I'll probably be ordering them from Livesport - grr, third parties with my details!!!! :angry: - tomorrow as the times don't suit me in my current employment.

I hate to piss on your chips at this sorry time, but purchase of tickets was not just restricted to season ticket holders.

It was not a requisite to hold a season ticket, but merely be in the Members Club.

I am in both camps, but if it helps you sleep easily tonight, I only excercised the privelige of grabbing tickets under the Season Ticket Umbrella.

I hate to piss on your chips at this sorry time, but purchase of tickets was not just restricted to season ticket holders.

It was not a requisite to hold a season ticket, but merely be in the Members Club.

I am in both camps, but if it helps you sleep easily tonight, I only excercised the privelige of grabbing tickets under the Season Ticket Umbrella.

That doesn't bother me either, tbh.

I just think it should be one per ST/member.

I'd be surprised if a Rovers season ticket holder would buy tickets for a Celtic mate.

This will be like the Dunfermline away game a few seasons back. Anyone who really cares about being in the Raith end will get a ticket. If people do miss out then it'll be because they don't really care or are completely disorganised.

As far as I remember we didn't sell out the South Stand against Aberdeen.

That doesn't bother me either, tbh.

I just think it should be one per ST/member.

Away ye go min. That's the privelidge of being a ST holder/ Member.

I bought 7 for me and my Rovers supporting mates. Got cracking seats too in the middle of the stand nowhere near my actual seat which I never sit in anyway! I can't think of a single Rovers fan let alone a ST holder who would buy one for the south stand for a Celtic fan.... mate, family or not.

The public sale risks Celtic fans buying home end tickets but not if the Rovers fans snap them up quickly.

Away ye go min. That's the privelidge of being a ST holder/ Member.

A privilege that is well and above what you should be entitled to. Since the cup games are no longer on the ST, I've no problem with them getting first dibs at cup tickets.You've paid for your seat and should be allowed to have it. Other people getting preferential treatment because their mate has a season ticket? I honestly can't see how that's fair at all.

Still, no surprise to see the usual elitism coming out.

I bought 7 for me and my Rovers supporting mates. Got cracking seats too in the middle of the stand nowhere near my actual seat which I never sit in anyway! I can't think of a single Rovers fan let alone a ST holder who would buy one for the south stand for a Celtic fan.... mate, family or not.

You could always pick another seat at the next renewal...

A privilege that is well and above what you should be entitled to. Since the cup games are no longer on the ST, I've no problem with them getting first dibs at cup tickets.You've paid for your seat and should be allowed to have it. Other people getting preferential treatment because their mate has a season ticket? I honestly can't see how that's fair at all.

Still, no surprise to see the usual elitism coming out.

So you're expecting season ticket holders to sit on their own? I'm the only one in my group that has one so by your logic I should have just bought my seat and sat next to whatever strangers got the seats around me on the day? Nonsense, it makes perfect sense to allow us to buy the seats next to where we sit, within reason of course. I bought 4 last night.

So you're expecting season ticket holders to sit on their own? I'm the only one in my group that has one so by your logic I should have just bought my seat and sat next to whatever strangers got the seats around me on the day? Nonsense, it makes perfect sense to allow us to buy the seats next to where we sit, within reason of course. I bought 4 last night.

This argument isn't about you, or any other season ticket holder. It's about the mates who didn't buy season tickets - why should they get preferential over other in the same boat?

There was of course nothing to prevent you going and buying your tickets with these guys today, if you would prefer to sit with them.

LiveSport.co.uk are delighted to join up on Pie and Bovril.

As shirt sponsors and official online store for Raith Rovers we are keen to be involved and pass on offers and new merchandise we have available.

Our brand new store at http://shop.livesport.co.uk was launched today and Celtic tickets have already been flying out the door.

Rememer to buy your tickets online before they run out!!

Fair enough season ticket holders can get them, but also for any Tom, Dick, Harry or other big game fan that never bothers their arse? I think that's pretty poor.

Agree with you mate and I am a season ticket holder.Should have been one ticket per season ticket holder

This argument isn't about you, or any other season ticket holder. It's about the mates who didn't buy season tickets - why should they get preferential over other in the same boat?

There was of course nothing to prevent you going and buying your tickets with these guys today, if you would prefer to sit with them.

Hard to argue with any of that.

A policy I absolutely cannot agree with.

The home end holds around 5100, so all Rovers fans who want a ticket should get a ticket. If they don't then they weren't trying hard enough.

The home end holds around 5100, so all Rovers fans who want a ticket should get a ticket. If they don't then they weren't trying hard enough.

This

The season ticket debate is a nonsense. The numbers are pretty marginal and they're not depriving anyone of a ticket. The only thing it does is ensure more people supporting Rovers at the game. A good thing in my book.