The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

The fact that it is OUR club is the bit that is driving my bitterness over the whole situation. 

The choice to sign Goodwillie has pissed all over the sheer amount of time, money and heart and soul that we've all put in to enable the club to become the excellent family/community club we had prior. 

form a fans trust and buy it off them 

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

We’ve got one, it’d be nice to hear if they’ve any plan to do something. I know they were disgusted by the signing but not seen much after that.  

http://www.raithtrust.org.uk

I’m not sure how many people on here are members but from memory, peak membership back in 2005 at the time of Reclaim the Rovers was around 400. Going by the 2018 member subscriptions, available on the Trust website, the current membership is just over 200 members.

The majority of fans are not interested unless there’s a crisis. However, this is a crisis. Hopefully Trust membership increases. Only costs a fiver to join.

25 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Still nothing further from the club or manager, truly head in the sand stuff. 

I get the feeling McGlynn is still in the Denial stage of grief. The statement has been made, let’s get back to football, nothing to see here. Football is what he knows. 

Someone at the club needs to take the lead, but they are all as guilty as sin. That would normally be the Chief Exec.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m not sure how many people on here are members but from memory, peak membership back in 2005 at the time of Reclaim the Rovers was around 400. Going by the 2018 member subscriptions, available on the Trust website, the current membership is just over 200 members.

The majority of fans are not interested unless there’s a crisis. However, this is a crisis. Hopefully Trust membership increases. Only costs a fiver to join.

Thanks for the information Scary Bear and the update on how much I pay (honestly had no idea what it was 😂).  I got an E-mail from Alan Russell obviously showing their opposition to the signing and I know he wanted fans to share their views with him, hopefully anyone who did was not rude it’s hardly Alan Russell’s fault, quite sad to hear a few took it out on the girls in the office (hang their heads for that) I hope anyone who did is big enough to go and apologise, angry or not it wasn’t their fault.  Possibly the time for RRST to touch base with other groups at the club and decide on a plan to move forward. 

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Thanks for the information Scary Bear and the update on how much I pay (honestly had no idea what it was 😂).  I got an E-mail from Alan Russell obviously showing their opposition to the signing and I know he wanted fans to share their views with him, hopefully anyone who did was not rude it’s hardly Alan Russell’s fault, quite sad to hear a few took it out on the girls in the office (hang their heads for that) I hope anyone who did is big enough to go and apologise, angry or not it wasn’t their fault.  Possibly the time for RRST to touch base with other groups at the club and decide on a plan to move forward. 

Aye, I’m also a Trust member. The Trust don’t seem to do inflation as it’s been the same price since 2005.

The folk who took it out on the girls in the office would likely be the nuttier elements of society. Might not even have been our fans. Social media has really opened my eyes to just how many people have issues or maybe they’re just unlikeable b*****ds. Who can tell. 

25 minutes ago, philpy said:

I've had a few ribbings this week from jambo customers at work. A swift reply of "Graham rix" quickly shuts them up....

Aye few people in glass houses throwing stones. Expect the Celtic fans to rip us while ignoring Jim Torbett’s involvement in their clubs history. 

Aye, I’m also a Trust member. The Trust don’t seem to do inflation as it’s been the same price since 2005.
The folk who took it out on the girls in the office would likely be the nuttier elements of society. Might not even have been our fans. Social media has really opened my eyes to just how many people have issues or maybe they’re just unlikeable b*****ds. Who can tell. 
There are some absolute psychotic people out there. I've seen folk have a go at the McDermid ladies for being "feminists" and "snowflakes". Union Jack flag shaggers have been on at Martin Glass for not also creating a crowdfunder to help cold abuse victims because Nicola Sturgeon and several SNP MPs retweeted it.

Anyone who's waiting for the Trust to do something needs to  join it for a start. Waiting for someone else to do something and just provide a club in your image is how every club ends up in bother. The Big Man comes along and, surprise surprise, they do something crap whether it's financial, moral, football-illiterate or cultural.  It's a few quid to have your say and what other route to collective ownership would there ever be?

Edited by L. Brilliant

19 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

You’re not wrong some utter scum on social media it really is a cesspit with keyboard warriors and trolls. 

My father and I are members of the RRST too, my sister who hasn’t really attended much in many years as she moved away has continued her membership but cancelled it after the Goodwillie announcement. I’d like to say she was delighted to receive an excellent reply from the RRST who said they fully understood her decision and thanked her for her backing. So well done to the RRST from me. I’ll try to convince her to reconsider in the future as the RRST aren’t to blame for this but understandably like many she didn’t want to be associated with the club right now.  

Edited by San Starko Rover

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

McGlynn refusing to answer questions on the signing isn’t acceptable. I’ll slightly give him the benefit of the doubt on the flimsy excuse that he’s a match to concentrate on, but once that is over today, he has to address it. A full sit down interview expressing his regret, admitting that he was blinkered by football and apologising profusely for that. He also needs to apologise to the victim. Anything short of that won’t cut it. Have a real fear the he and the rest of the club think they’ve done their apology and this will just blow over. It won’t.

I’m going back today mostly because DG was my red line. He’s gone or at least won’t be there. I’m not happy, but I’m going back because I refuse to let these fuckwits steal my club from me.  This our our club, not theirs and I’ll do whatever it takes to get them out. 

yep I agree, a match to play so concentrate on that, but there MUST be a full and proper explanation as to why this was allowed to happen and it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

I'm going to the game today, would imagine the remaining members of the board will not be willing to show their faces, they know whats coming to them.

39 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

The RRST are part of the Forum. This includes fans organisations such as Supporters Club, 200 Club, Jim McMillan, etc. You can be a member of one or all and have your say. Or contact Andy Mill who,in my view, is still the Supporters Director.