The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fwiw, I'd like us to at least interview Marvin Bartley for the job. Plenty of coaching and comes across in a really intelligent manner. There were rumours regarding him for the Ayr job, and obviously comes as a gamble. The only other name I can think of would be Jack Ross, but that's one of those "name fans want to be linked, but who won't be near the applicant's list". 

I can’t see jack Ross fancying the job under current board tbh and dealing with the fallout of this. He would be a great appointment just don’t think it’s realistic at the moment. Bartley a huge gamble , big job for your first in current climate

4 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I can’t see jack Ross fancying the job under current board tbh and dealing with the fallout of this. He would be a great appointment just don’t think it’s realistic at the moment. Bartley a huge gamble , big job for your first in current climate

Yeah I think more than ever we’d need an experienced manager. If we wanted to gamble on an experienced player going through his badges there’s one already at the club in Berra, but he’s too big a player right now to be considered.

Edited by Enigma

2 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Yeah I think more than ever we’d need an experienced manager. If we wanted to gamble on an experienced player going through his badges there’s one already at the club in Berra, but he’s too big a player right now to be considered.

Agreed we don’t need Jim Duffy either 🤞🏻

Kevin Thomson interviewed well for the Killie job apparently and was down to the final 2. I know he’s only in his first role with a Kelty team chucking a fair amount of coin at it. 

But he always comes across quite well when I’ve heard him speak/ read reports. 

17 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I've given it a listen to. I felt Jim was quite pragmatic about the situation and only briefly touched on to the "muh rehabilitation" that the oddball Graham Spiers seems to utterly obsessed with. Not sure why some of the more experienced journalists seem to think that Goodwillie, a man who shows absolute zero sign of remorse other than for the fact he "drives a banger", would be looking to rehabilitate.

This. They couldn't get Queens Park winning with the second biggest budget in that league. 

And we would want him as manager. No thanks. 2nd biggest budget in a league below and failed to win them games.

4 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

Kevin Thomson interviewed well for the Killie job apparently and was down to the final 2. I know he’s only in his first role with a Kelty team chucking a fair amount of coin at it. 

“Interviewed well” was that not what they said about Locke 😂

35 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Laurie Ellis and Grant Murray sitting at home doing nothing, they might be willing to help out till even the end of the season 🤷🏻‍♂️

7th place is the place to be.

On the plus side we’d probably beat Celtic.

58 minutes ago, Raithie said:

There's a boy that posts on FanTalk who must have some inside information as he had previous for leaking information in advance and has never been wrong yet. He was saying if we didn't go up McGlynn wasn't getting his contract renewed and we were looking to bring in......Csaba Laszlo.

Get Gary Glen in as assistant manager or coach? I think that’s where it all went wrong went we didn’t sign him.

19 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

He was definitely interviewed, but it's only him I've heard claim he was down to the final two.

Lets just keep McGlynn and Smudger to seasons end and see where we are as far as the future of the club is concerned, as I have already said they are out of contract then anyway.

You cant make plans until theres a clear picture that the club is not in danger of closure, someone has to find new sponsors from somewhere and another source of income for season tickets that will not be sold to those not returning

48 minutes ago, RaithRyan said:

No I agree with you wholeheartedly, they are all culpable 100% and there needs to be accountability taken. 

A lot of people on the fence around the management, but my comment was merely to say that, if the statements to go by, and if it’s been made for footballing reasons then that suggests McGlynn’s pushed it as he’s the man who’s in charge of the footballing side or things, therefore they should go. 

Fair enough but an article in the Courier suggested it was Sim that was the driver behind the signing

Anyway,the driver,the pusher,the negotiator, the directors that voted in favour,christ,even the person that passed the pen to DG to sign on the dotted line are culpable

Edited by Rovers_Lad

To be fair from what I’ve heard all the players loved Locke and all the staff I’ve heard from have said he was a lovely guy, in the office every day, knew everyone’s name and spent a lot of time at Stark’s (in contrast to McKinnon who was hardly ever at the stadium outside match day). He just wasn’t/isn’t a football manager.

Edited by Enigma

4 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

£1,150 pw for 2 and a half years, and £50k transfer fee, for someone who is almost 33 and had been playing in the bottom two divisions in Scotland for the last 5 years is absolute madness, even if there were no other factors at play in the decision. 

For that sort of spend I'm sure we could've attracted a reasonable number of targets whose signature wouldn't have torn the club apart. 

TBH a decision that stupid for any non sex-offending part-time 33 year old striker should have seen a complete punting of all involved anyway.