The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, RaithRyan said:

The decision was made for “footballing reasons” and the man who carries that can is McGlynn - as I said on the K107 show last night the management have pushed for this, and going by the post match interview the other night McGlynn looked a man who has royally fucked up - for me they have to go. 

Sorry,disagree.

If McGlynn did push it,the board,especially Sim could have said do one

They are all culpable as far as I,m concerned

2 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Sorry,disagree.

If McGlynn did push it,the board,especially Sim could have said do one

They are all culpable as far as I,m concerned

Yes everyone is equally to blame here, management team for wanting it, BOD for agreeing it and CEO for lying to the sponsor. All in all a pretty shocking bunch who should hang their heads. 

For an extra can we strip Benedictus of Captain for his statement I don’t feel supporting Goodwillie is a good look for our club captain. 

8 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surely that’s Giggsy

Berra or MacDonald as the senior players, Bene probably finished his right to it after opening his mouth. 

Enough sex offenders been associated with us recently tbqh

12 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surely that’s Giggsy? 

Berra or MacDonald as the senior players, Bene probably finished his right to it after opening his mouth. 

Remember Bene is the club captain and passed on the sentiments of the team that they all supported David Goodwillie.  

So by the mobs reckoning the whole team should be binned 

27 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Had the board actually listened to sponsors/ supporters views in December when it was first muted/ rumoured regards DG we wouldn,t be in this mess

Completely agree with you.

7 hours ago, Michael W said:

This is one of the unknowns as to how much of the damage can be undone isn't it? Would Val be happy to return? I am not sure that she would, at least not whilst the existing board is in place. Maybe she's done forever, I don't know. 

From our own perspective, she is amongst a very, very small handful of people who:

1) Support the club; and

2) Have the financial means that they could use to effect some change another club. 

It is incredibly frustrating the way we have pissed her off as she could really help us start to put right some of this damage. 

I don’t think it’s Raith Rovers that have pissed off Val, the actions of individuals did not the club.

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

I understand the anger and frustration especially against the board members who sanctioned the transfer, however by removing the board who runs the club. John Sim appears to have done a lot of good in his time at the club and put in money which has improved us on and off field. Is it a case that because of one bad decision then the club should just close the doors. I for one don't want that and want to see Raith succeed. Just asking???

Thats what I said on facebook to a raith fan by keeping it going you are harming the club. My club had scandal last summer not a sex offender, but money issues and people keeping it going is leading us potentially heading for tier 7 of the pyramid. Don't let it happen to yous. Goodwillies gone people have done something stupid. But don't completely kill your club over one bad move.

Silence is deafening from the club nothing since the U-Turn out of anyone from what I’ve seen. Not even seen the Celtic tickets mentioned (if the girls in the office haven’t quit). I thought we might have had something from the BOD or the Manager even reference tomorrow’s game. Drove past Starks earlier sign with next game not even updated. 

36 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Don't know if it's been covered, if Mcglynn was binned now, who do you think would want the job? Fans pissed off, main sponsors gone. Tough gig.

There's a boy that posts on FanTalk who must have some inside information as he had previous for leaking information in advance and has never been wrong yet. He was saying if we didn't go up McGlynn wasn't getting his contract renewed and we were looking to bring in......Csaba Laszlo.

4 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Thats what I said on facebook to a raith fan by keeping it going you are harming the club. My club had scandal last summer not a sex offender, but money issues and people keeping it going is leading us potentially heading for tier 7 of the pyramid. Don't let it happen to yous. Goodwillies gone people have done something stupid. But don't completely kill your club over one bad move.

Yes we’ll all forget about it and it’ll go away. I’m not sure Canelon’s money trouble made the news in Israel and Canada but I could be wrong. 

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

(if the girls in the office haven’t quit). 

Bumped into one of the office ladies yesterday morning on her way to work. She was saying the levels of abuse they have been receiving over the phone has been insane. A shame on them as it's not their fault.

9 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Completely agree. People make mistakes, look at Boris!!! We shouldn't internally destroy all the good work because of poor decision making. Just past Starks Park tonight and it's good to see the floodlights on and kids using the facilities. It appears some though want these floodlights to stay off for good. We need to get behind all of the players who have got us where we are and some might disagree but also the management who work tirelessly to try and achieve the best for a club. 

2 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

not saying forget about it but baying for more blood isn't helping.

the BOD, the Managers and the CEO are utterly toxic to this club, they have been named across the media as the ones who signed Goodwillie.  Our sponsors have specifically stated they will not return due to these people being in post our SLO said the same our departing Board members too.  There are countless staff and supporters who say the same. We cannot just continue either some of the people are removed or the others will never return. 

38 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Surely that’s Giggsy? 

You do know as club captain Bene would be speaking on behalf of the squad of players.