The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Bumped into one of the office ladies yesterday morning on her way to work. She was saying the levels of abuse they have been receiving over the phone has been insane. A shame on them as it's not their fault.

That is shocking, some fucking weido's in this world that believe phoning a receptionist gives them the right to hurl abuse

Edited by keyser_soze

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

the BOD, the Managers and the CEO are utterly toxic to this club, they have been named across the media as the ones who signed Goodwillie.  Our sponsors have specifically stated they will not return due to these people being in post our SLO said the same our departing Board members too.  There are countless staff and supporters who say the same. We cannot just continue either some of the people are removed or the others will never return. 

Thats the mentality of people in this country. If you remove them who takes over. As I said take it from experience none of the pressure group who claimed would take over my club have been near. You will lose people in the sorry mess and thats sad regardless if you get rid of those people or not

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

I think as club captain he should have the sense to know when to say nothing. 

You clearly will be happy for the club to die going by your last posts. I'm not wanting that. Yes mistakes, bad decision making has happened but we can't get rid of board, managers and perhaps some players who were in support and think the club will survive. If your hoping Val will step in if everyone departs I think you will be sadly mistaken. 

The Courier put the article up with Bene yesterday but had done the interview on Tuesday. At that point he would've been of the impression we were still going to have Goodwillie as a key part of the squad and that we'd probably stick with him (rightly or wrongly). Much like McGlynn, at that point, they couldn't have just walked away from the press when they were trying to downplay a situation which had escalated hugely. I don't agree with what he was said but it's important to acknowledge the timeline. 

55 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Don't know if it's been covered, if Mcglynn was binned now, who do you think would want the job? Fans pissed off, main sponsors gone. Tough gig.

Laurie Ellis and Grant Murray sitting at home doing nothing, they might be willing to help out till even the end of the season 🤷🏻‍♂️

52 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Sorry,disagree.

If McGlynn did push it,the board,especially Sim could have said do one

They are all culpable as far as I,m concerned

No I agree with you wholeheartedly, they are all culpable 100% and there needs to be accountability taken. 

A lot of people on the fence around the management, but my comment was merely to say that, if the statements to go by, and if it’s been made for footballing reasons then that suggests McGlynn’s pushed it as he’s the man who’s in charge of the footballing side or things, therefore they should go. 

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

You clearly will be happy for the club to die going by your last posts. I'm not wanting that. Yes mistakes, bad decision making has happened but we can't get rid of board, managers and perhaps some players who were in support and think the club will survive. If your hoping Val will step in if everyone departs I think you will be sadly mistaken. 

If we’re going to keep everyone involved with bringing Goodwillie to the club without repercussions we might as well have just played him and accepted people will walk away (the BOD plan). Everyone who was going to walk away had already done so. Who is going to replace our sponsors next season? Our CEO lied to the previous one should she remain in post? I’ve said before they don’t all have to go immediately but some of them need to be replaced in the short term. 

Just now, raith1974 said:

Next you'll suggest Peter Grant. He's free and available. 

Oh aye he was next on my list🤦🏻‍♂️ given the shit storm we are in I think two respected players and manager would be a decent shout and I did mean till the end of the season if we bin Mcglynn , don’t think we will have a lot of options at present 

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Jum has his say.

I've given it a listen to. I felt Jim was quite pragmatic about the situation and only briefly touched on to the "muh rehabilitation" that the oddball Graham Spiers seems to utterly obsessed with. Not sure why some of the more experienced journalists seem to think that Goodwillie, a man who shows absolute zero sign of remorse other than for the fact he "drives a banger", would be looking to rehabilitate.

6 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Laurie Ellis and Grant Murray sitting at home doing nothing, they might be willing to help out till even the end of the season 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Great someone deemed not good enough for Queens Park.

This. They couldn't get Queens Park winning with the second biggest budget in that league. 

Fwiw, I'd like us to at least interview Marvin Bartley for the job. Plenty of coaching and comes across in a really intelligent manner. There were rumours regarding him for the Ayr job, and obviously comes as a gamble. The only other name I can think of would be Jack Ross, but that's one of those "name fans want to be linked, but who won't be near the applicant's list". 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I've given it a listen to. I felt Jim was quite pragmatic about the situation and only briefly touched on to the "muh rehabilitation" that the oddball Graham Spiers seems to utterly obsessed with. Not sure why some of the more experienced journalists seem to think that Goodwillie, a man who shows absolute zero sign of remorse other than for the fact he "drives a banger", would be looking to rehabilitate.

This. They couldn't get Queens Park winning with the second biggest budget in that league. 

Fair enough just a suggestion 🤷🏻‍♂️ And I did just mean if we bin Mcglynn now until end of the season