The New Raith Rovers Thread

So we can add McGlynn and Smith to the ones that voted for the signing.

At least he has fessed up, it is now unambiguous as to his involvement. He wanted Goodwillie in the squad.

"the club" might not have imagined the fall out but the supporters, supporters reps and their biggest sponsor all made it crystal clear in December what the fall out from the signing would be. The fact is they chose to ignore it for "goals"

I'm now firmly in the McGlynn out camp.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Also, there was no chance McGlynn never knew about the signing from the start. Whether we went to Clyde or they came to us, he'll have been in the loop all the way.

Yep I agree with this, pretty sure He'll see out the season and then walk without being sacked.

11 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

So we can add McGlynn and Smith to the ones that voted for the signing.

At least he has fessed up, it is now unambiguous as to his involvement. He wanted Goodwillie in the squad.

"the club" might not have imagined the fall out but the supporters, supporters reps and their biggest sponsor all made it crystal clear in December what the fall out from the signing would be. The fact is they chose to ignore it for "goals"

I'm now firmly in the McGlynn out camp.

It doesn't say much and was never going to, but it seems to me a fundamentally honest statement. 

The club's attitude towards the signing is as we suspected and I have to say I find their viewpoint incredibly naive. They seriously thought they could just ride it out and also underestimated the firestorm that would accompany it. The fans warned them, Val McDiarmid warned them - did they really not see where that was going to lead?! It's exactly why the board needs a refresh and Sim's influence needs reduced; too much groupthink. 

The fact also that we were prepared to just overlook the fact we were signing a rapist is depressing to say the least, but I think we knew this was the case already. 

Fully agree that McGlynn and Smith need to go. The board however lacks the moral authority to fire them over this. I expect they go in the summer unless we go another 4 games or so without a win. 

Edited by Michael W

11 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Also, there was no chance McGlynn never knew about the signing from the start. Whether we went to Clyde or they came to us, he'll have been in the loop all the way.

Agree.

However I think we can now see that they were involved last Monday in the final approvals of the signing, the decision which Andy Mill and Bill Clarke resolutely opposed on behalf of the fans.

Had the story been that McGlynn identified Goodwillie back in December and (as Bill Clark intimated in his interview) the discussions were had at the time and the idea poo-pood only to resurface last weekend and be ratified by the board alone, that may have made me look at McGlynn differently.

But it didn't, so I don't

It's becoming clearly obvious that the remaining board members are not going to say anything until the legalities surrounding the contract the rapist signed are cleared up, it's also clearly obvious that this will not happen overnight. We could be in for a lengthy spell of "I'm here to talk about football matters only."

Unfortunately the people they require back asap (fans that have left and club volunteers) require answers now rather than later. This could end up being even more costly unless they  pull their fucking fingers out of their ears and give a full statement as to why this was allowed to happen, the wishy washy pish knocked out so far just isn't cutting it.

“We didn’t realise how offended you were going to get about this” is a staple for any shitey, half-hearted apology. It’s the kind of pish influencers come out with when they’re called out for being racist or homophobic.

I think we're clear on why the signing was made.

For me personally, I'm not returning until I see clarity on how Goodwillies contract will be paid. I will judge then my willingness to contribute. If for example the wges are going to be wholly funded by those who made the decision I could return to contributing what I did before.

For the club, it will be interesting to see what they do in regards to the remaining board and management team. My opinion is that sponsorship and renewal of season tickets will be a big deal if the key players in this deal remain in post. They probably have a month, maybe 2 in order to clear that out and build the bridges catastrophically burned. 

1 minute ago, Double Jack D said:

I think we're clear on why the signing was made.

For me personally, I'm not returning until I see clarity on how Goodwillies contract will be paid. I will judge then my willingness to contribute. If for example the wges are going to be wholly funded by those who made the decision I could return to contributing what I did before.

For the club, it will be interesting to see what they do in regards to the remaining board and management team. My opinion is that sponsorship and renewal of season tickets will be a big deal if the key players in this deal remain in post. They probably have a month, maybe 2 in order to clear that out and build the bridges catastrophically burned. 

the money from next years season tickets will be used in part.

40 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Correct, from today's online courier....

McGlynn said: “We have to apologise for bringing our football club and our supporters into the situation we find ourselves in.

“We just completely underestimated the depth of the feeling that’s come from that signing.”

He pointed out that the decision was a collective one between the football management and the board.

“I’m not here to hang anyone out to dry,” McGlynn added.