The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Mcglynn has kinda been thrown out to the wolves , Why couldn’t the CEO or even another board member come out and apologise on behave of the club and refer to the poor female victim and the rest of the women associated with the club / female fans  that have been offended ,The clubs ruined IMO and will never be able to move forward unless the current board are removed . Just sadden , fed up and totally disillusioned in the direction my club is heading  

With attitudes like that over 1 decision the club will die. Most of the people upset weren't even Raith fans. As I said to one of your other supporters on here the other day I experienced it with my club over a financial scandal. We are steadying ourselves but are in rebuild mode while most of the shouters who were wanting to take over, who didn't show their real names on social media, were nowhere to be seen.

So take it from me don't let your club die

36 minutes ago, Paco said:

Personally I think both as a manager 

Christ. 

The brass neck of Rovers fans to get uppity at there board for signing a rapist, based on footballing reasons. To wanting to keep there rapist apologist manager, due to footballing reasons. 

None of this "as a man" bollocks, as a man he signed a rapist. Locke was a nice man, can guarantee if he, or any other poorly performing manager during Raith's history had done something even half as reprehensible he'd be out on his ear, for all the criticism of Raith's board for thinking things would blow over, its taken quite possibly the shittest and half arsed apology imaginable to bring them back around, how depressing. 

Be a rape apologist, just be good at setting the team out on a Saturday. 

26 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

With attitudes like that over 1 decision the club will die. Most of the people upset weren't even Raith fans. As I said to one of your other supporters on here the other day I experienced it with my club over a financial scandal. We are steadying ourselves but are in rebuild mode while most of the shouters who were wanting to take over, who didn't show their real names on social media, were nowhere to be seen.

So take it from me don't let your club die

I’ve never once have I said I’m wanting to harm my club I  donated 100”s of pounds during  the Covid go fund me page and I’m currently season ticket holder , I’m just wanting a board member to properly apologise and to be fair we have been on Sky , bbc , all social media platforms so you can’t compare our situation with financial scandals within a junior club 

Well it’s nice to break the silence and to hear a few bits about this from the club although it should have been from a board member not send McGlynn out as a sacrificial lamb to the media that’s pretty cowardly from the BOD.  Now I want to hear from our BOD the words “David Goodwillie is no longer an employee of Raith Rovers Football Club” getting his contract terminated should be our priority off the field. 

Christ. 
The brass neck of Rovers fans to get uppity at there board for signing a rapist, based on footballing reasons. To wanting to keep there rapist apologist manager, due to footballing reasons. 
None of this "as a man" bollocks, as a man he signed a rapist. Locke was a nice man, can guarantee if he, or any other poorly performing manager during Raith's history had done something even half as reprehensible he'd be out on his ear, for all the criticism of Raith's board for thinking things would blow over, its taken quite possibly the shittest and half arsed apology imaginable to bring them back around, how depressing. 
Be a rape apologist, just be good at setting the team out on a Saturday. 

You’ve deliberately deleted the part where I said ‘more importantly… off the park’.

We’ve had a real crisis about what our values as a club are over the past week or so. On a personal basis, my values aren’t chucking someone under the bus for a major, major f**k-up after nine years of exemplary service. I’ve thought pretty deeply over whether McGlynn should go, but personally I think in the context of his previous service, and his comments today he’s earned an opportunity to build bridges. And that’s all it is - an opportunity, not a blank canvas. Others are perfectly entitled to disagree.

If this was a fantastic or indeed a dreadful football manager who’d been here for six months I’d want him gone, yeah. Not going to deny that. If that makes me a hypocrite in your eyes then so be it.

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Did he apologise to Denise Clair? She is after all the real victim in all of this.

He did, "We apologise enormously for anyone who has been hurt by our decision" in my view that's way more than Clyde did.

Just now, Scottydog said:

He did, "We apologise enormously for anyone who has been hurt by our decision" in my view that's way more than Clyde did.

Aye but Clyde is a home for absolute dangers. From a neutral's perspective, I don't think that goes nearly far enough. A bit shite that the BOD are hiding away while he's getting a public (and deserved) flaying. 

Aye but Clyde is a home for absolute dangers. From a neutral's perspective, I don't think that goes nearly far enough. A bit shite that the BOD are hiding away while he's getting a public (and deserved) flaying. 

Yes, the club should definitely be apologising directly to her at some stage. I’m not comfortable with the club naming her without permission, but clearly they can use language to make it clear who they are referring to.

The board of directors and the CEO are fucking cowards, frankly.

11 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If anything good has came out of this for Raith Rovers it's this: you are a lot more famous in Central Africa now

Maybe the name will catch on in Africa like Dundee United in Nigeria - "you've made a right Raith Rovers of that".

Hats off to McGlynn for having the balls and courage to face up to the press which is more than can be said for the chairman and the CEO.  They have no excuse for not facing the public and leaving the manager to take the rap. There is nothing visible that the CEO has contributed to the club since she arrived and having such a prime roll in the club  is a ‘faceless addition to such an important position as Sims right hand man ( woman). She should have stood up to the plate if SiM was abroad and unavailable and faced the press and start earning her money 😡

I've seen a couple more clips from today now. I want to declare first of all that I've got a real propensity towards support for John McGlynn, certainly under normal circumstances. He's the best Rovers manager in my time watching them, by an order of magnitudes, and he's played a huge part in turning the club around twice when it's been mired in the dirt. 

With that in mind, I do still think it's probably best he goes at the end of the season, but are other people looking at that interview from today (the footage, not the quotes in isolation) and seeing sincerity and contrition, or not? 

That's not a leading or a loaded question, not deliberately so anyway, but when I watch that I feel like I'm seeing the tone I needed to hear and some (but certainly not all) of the right things too. Is my judgement clouded, or is that any neutrals' view too? 

Also, I hadn't realised Benedictus was out with him today. Increasingly angry that the board have sent those two out again to face the music. Particularly Bene, who's got no say in anything. Unless they're all planning on resigning (and Sim will be around in any case) it's nothing but abject cowardice refusing to comment while the manager is doing a full sit down with a press room.