The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Don't like rape apologists in football. 

On this point I don't agree, fans of other clubs have been pretty consistent throughout this whole sorry saga that signing a rapist is reprehensible, and that those responsible for it have no place in football, and that includes McGlynn. 

It's absolutely correct that the victim in this is Denise Clair, and it must've been absolutely fucking shite to have this all dredged up again, beyond horrific. And you're absolutely correct that signing a rapist is just plain wrong, with that then I'm not sure how holding the beleif that dinosaur picks like McGlynn have no place in professional football is point scoring. His apology is absolutely nonsense "Thought it'd be alright because there wasn't as big an outcry at Clyde" is absolutely awful and I'm surprised and shocked there's so many Raith fans lapping it up. 

I'd say so, go back to when the story broke fans of all clubs were pretty united in the opinion that it was an awful signing and those responsible should do one, fast forward to the present day and McGlynn with what I genuinely thought was an absolutely pish apology, on his 3rd? Opportunity to speak to the press has been forgiven, I find it utterly baffling. The man has dragged your club's name through the gutter and has forever associated you as the club that signed a rapist, forgiven because he's an OK manager. 

It's looking likely you'll come out of those 200k+ down, reputation in tatters and sponsors not wanting to know you, and with absolutely no one being held responsible. 

Until they also do a shite apology right enough. 

Take a day off lad, jeezo.

8 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Take a day off lad, jeezo.

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Reckon I'll be pointing out that John McGlynn is a rape apologist for a while tbh. 

He can't it's just not in his make up.

45 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

A different viewpoint, my wife was a professional dealing with a autistic kids of various abilities up to teenage years. She has no interest at all in football, every time she has seen John McGlynn being interviewed she always says he is on the “spectrum” most likely Asperger’s as he is so driven, her throw away comment was “He won’t see anything but solutions” just a thought.

Missus defo had a job in the canteen for 3 weeks over the summer and can now suddenly diagnose various issues from 350 feet IMO.

12 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

He can't it's just not in his make up.

If I didn't want people talking about how my club had signed a rapist, I'd maybe be trying to do more to ensure those responsible for it were held accountable tbf. 

Missus defo had a job in the canteen for 3 weeks over the summer and can now suddenly diagnose various issues from 350 feet IMO.

35 years and had to retire through being attacked by one of her challenged pupils. Loved her job but hey that’s the way it goes eh!
Anyway I suppose another view point shouldn’t be considered as the vitriol on here is so toxic at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If I didn't want people talking about how my club had signed a rapist, I'd maybe be trying to do more to ensure those responsible for it were held accountable tbf. 

I think you should ensure your club isn't relegated first, before you come in here spouting off on what should happen at our club

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:
28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What would that involve?

Protest.png

On another note, good to see a Raith TV of sorts back for the pre-match interview.

Production values weren’t quite up to the standards of the usual team but I enjoyed Gordon’s interview style and he asked some good questions.
Interesting that talk of the rapist wasn’t off limits.

Had to chuckle when he asked if there was any chance we’d be bringing in another striker before the loan window ended though [emoji23]