The New Raith Rovers Thread

That looked like a team which knew the end is in sight, and by that I mean the current regime. Very few good performances and at times looked like they'd met at 10 to 3. I know we're missing players but we've been pish for weeks. No-one can have been surprised at the result today. I think the players know or at least guess JMcG will be away and so have lost their way. It looks like he has too.

This talk of suitable replacements and merry go rounds brings us back to who is out there and who might sneak in under the radar. I've honestly no clue who we might bring in as I suspect we won't be the only club looking for change. How attractive are we now? Time will tell. I only wish this season would end and see some positivity over the summer.

The question has to be asked, what will make the next 16 games different from the last. 

Being able to cross a ball into the box and hit a rovers player, more urgency, better defending, not shiteing out of challenges.
Tumilty being able to have someone moving for when he looks forward.

As an extra, referees that could do a proper job would help as well.

I don't think the ref was too bad today other than the blatent push on varian he let go. 

I actually think mcglynn would get the recruitment right in the summer but his tactics have been baffling for months now. With 1 win in 16, it doesn't make sense to keep him on. That's even assuming that he wants to. 

He's finally led a team out and won a national Cup, and considering where we started with him in both spells, it really is the perfect time for him to move on. 

Iv always been a bit of a mcglynn fan boy but yer teas ready John. 

The season is over. Looking at the remaining fixtures you wonder if we’ll manage another win. 1 win from 14 league games in 2022. That is unbelievably poor. When you consider 8 of those games were at home, that form should see most managers sacked.

From that home win over Killie in December I can’t be believe how the season has panned out. What a missed opportunity.

I don't think the ref was too bad today other than the blatent push on varian he let go. 

There was a couple of handballs and other pushes he let go. You can guarantee that had that been one of the rovers players, it would have been a foul and yellow. On the whole the refs have been shite this season. It’s go sound biased, but it absolutely isn’t but the only decent ref i have seen this season was last sunday.

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

There was a couple of handballs and other pushes he let go. You can guarantee that had that been one of the rovers players, it would have been a foul and yellow. On the whole the refs have been shite this season. It’s go sound biased, but it absolutely isn’t but the only decent ref i have seen this season was last sunday.

I missed them as well then but I was watching online again. The standard of referee's in Scotland is pretty terrible on the whole. 

I wonder what the talk in the Board Room is? 

They can’t be happy with the second half of the season either. Will they stick with McGlynn? If so, why no mention of contract extensions yet? Have they sounded out a replacement?

32 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I agree, we aren't liked as a club and most of them show it.

I agree, we aren't liked as a club and most of them show it.

I don’t think it has anything to do with not being liked or an sfa conspiracy. We just seem to have refs that are so inconsistent or useless. I am in no way blaming our ills on the refs, but i do sometimes think they have a bearing on the games.

I don't think many will actually agree with me but, tumilty isn't actually a good defender. His strength has always been getting forward on the overlap and getting balls in to the box.  Having him and whoever is picked out the hat to play lb pushing forward leaves our defence vulnerable. It is the easiest way to counter how we've played the past two seasons. We haven't had enough pace in the cbs this season to get away with that style of play without having one of the cms dropping in like hendry did last season. Asking dick to play the same way as tumilty when he clearly isn't good enough to do so wasn't going to work. Mackie hasn't been much of an improvement but has gotten better with game time. Young did well enough today but there were a few occasions he was out of position and bene covered for him. The goal came from young being pushed up and bene getting done quite easily as a result of this. 

I'd like to be angry after us losing again. I used to be like a bear with a bad headache after any league loss, a real fucking treat for my mates as I sat and fumed in the pub.

Now, I'm shrugging it off. Something snapped with the Goodwillie saga that had been pulled very fucking taut by results through the festive period. I don't care, just now. It's not bothering me.

It has always bothered me far too much, and just now it doesn't. 

18 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Are you suggesting there’s an SFA conspiracy against us? 

I'm not suggesting, I'm saying, we don't get a fair crack of the whip from refereeson a frequent basis, for whatever reason. If you think we do then I doubt if you attend many matches.

6 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'm not suggesting, I'm saying, we don't get a fair crack of the whip from refereeson a frequent basis, for whatever reason. If you think we do then I doubt if you attend many matches.

Thats just down to how bad the referee's are in the country. Every other teams fans will say the exact same pish as you just have.