The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'm sorry but not happy that the new chairman had decided to jump upon a situation like DG to plaster his own business over the TV at celtic park and to paint the town red at a cup final. Not overly amused.

We were the away side at Airdrie despite the marketing around it - away dressing room, away stand, away shirt. I liked the ‘Red Rovers’ theme.

Would you rather we’d played in a sponsor-less shirt at Celtic? Tag wanted off the shirts. I wasn’t too amused by it being MacDonald’s company either but assuming he paid for it, it was the best of a bad situation.

I'm sorry but not happy that the new chairman had decided to jump upon a situation like DG to plaster his own business over the TV at celtic park and to paint the town red at a cup final. Not overly amused.

It all depends on where you sit on the cynical/trustful scale.

I’m clearly less cynical that you are- the way I see it is that TAG games publicly stated they wanted their name removed from the strips immediately.

So our options were to play with a blank space on our away strip or find another sponsor.
It’s very unlikely that any other business would willingly pay to be associated with us so a director paying to put his business name on the front helps the club.

I don’t really see the issue with it.

I’m less amused that the club decided to forfeit the right to wear their home strip in a cup final.
Raith Rovers should always play in blue if we have the choice to, regardless of whether we’ve had a falling out with the shirt sponsor.

But overall, I don’t see SM electrical being on the away strip as a director taking advantage of the situation the club were in, in fact I’d say it’s the opposite and he’s helping the club (obviously not for no benefit to his business, but that’s the entire point of sponsorship).

9 hours ago, pub car king said:

Just the relegation play off to be decided but that's the league done. 

Aye, I think we are pretty much done and deservedly so given our form.

Really just a question now of what happens next.

43 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I just hope that if we aren’t going to renew Mcglynn’s contract, it’s made public knowledge soon so he can be given the sendoff he deserves against Kilmarnock.

You of all people wouldn’t want John to to be jilted.

I’m still hopeful. Win today and the gap to Partick Thistle is 3 points and we play them next week.
200.gif

As much as i admire your optimism.
giphy.gif

Let’s face it. To pull off the playoffs, we are going to have to win 3 games minimum out of 4. With 1 win in 15, that doesn’t fill me with hope.

I just hope that if we aren’t going to renew Mcglynn’s contract, it’s made public knowledge soon so he can be given the sendoff he deserves against Kilmarnock.

Don’t know how much of a send off it will be with Kilmarnock celebrating winning the league in the background.

14 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m still hopeful. Win today and the gap to Partick Thistle is 3 points and we play them next week.

love it GIF

Sorry mate, we’ve been blowing out our arses in the last fifteen games, injuries, injuries, injuries, suspensions and a dodgy signing policy put paid to that. A blind man could even see that. 

21 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Sorry mate, we’ve been blowing out our arses in the last fifteen games, injuries, injuries, injuries, suspensions and a dodgy signing policy put paid to that. A blind man could even see that. 

I can't help but laugh at your constant comments about injuries and signing policy, given you were absolutely desperate for us to sign Gullan as the final piece in the jigsaw. 

We did sign him and pretty much every time he's played he's gone off injured. 

And yes, I know I have a cheek to comment about someone else's moaning.... 

20 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I can't help but laugh at your constant comments about injuries and signing policy, given you were absolutely desperate for us to sign Gullan as the final piece in the jigsaw. 

Still…at least we didn’t get relegated. 😉

59 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

As much as i admire your optimism.
giphy.gif

Let’s face it. To pull off the playoffs, we are going to have to win 3 games minimum out of 4. With 1 win in 15, that doesn’t fill me with hope.

Don’t know how much of a send off it will be with Kilmarnock celebrating winning the league in the background.

48 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Don’t make me post the Big Marv believe meme again. It’s happening. We go on an incredible 3 game winning streak and draw the last game with Killie. 10 points sees us snatch 4th place. We then go on to win the play-offs and join the top league again. The order for the statue of McGlynn is fished out the bin and the statue is in place, looking glorious, for our first day in the Scottish Premiership. One week later it is stolen and melted down for scrap and everyone agrees that a bronze statue was a mistake. 

The order for the statue of McGlynn is fished out the bin and the statue is in place, looking glorious, for our first day in the Scottish Premiership. One week later it is stolen and melted down for scrap and everyone agrees that a bronze statue was a mistake. 

That will teach them to build it right next to links street.

31 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yes I wanted Gullan in the team, every time he was loaned out to us he was brilliant in every instance. Didn’t actually know he was a perma crock either. We do have an extraordinary amount of injuries and the players that have to replace them aren’t that good. That’s where the signing policy comes in. If I’m wrong I’ll apologise. All I’m saying is, as a full time team that’s  floundering so spectacularly you have to wonder why. I’ll give you a perfect example of a team that fight for each other and it’s an obvious one. Arbroath.