The New Raith Rovers Thread

7 hours ago, CALDERON said:

For McGlynn to be manager next season, we would have to actively offer a contract to a manager who has overseen 1 win in 15.  That's a tough one to justify.

The only thing that can persuade me is making the playoffs(!) and having a decent crack at them. Or, of course, winning them. I think the possibility of the latter in particular is remote. 

The run of form itself is sackable (or unrenewable as the case may be here), but it's more than that. Add on THAT signing, the waste of money on James Keatings' wages and also that the board has provided the backing to bring in players throughout the season and it's time for a change in my view unfortunately.

In mitigation you have the unbeaten run earlier in the season (coincidentally also 15 matches?) and the amount of injuries we've picked up. However we have not had an injury crisis throughout the bad run, only for part of it. 

9 hours ago, CALDERON said:

For McGlynn to be manager next season, we would have to actively offer a contract to a manager who has overseen 1 win in 15.  That's a tough one to justify.

This

Results driven business and they haven,t been good enough

Even if you attempt to counter the results with McGlynn's credit in the bank, it has a significant financial implication - dropping league places loses a lot of prize money. At a time where the Goodwillie fiasco has also taken a massive shit in our accounts, it's a compounding of the misery. 

McGlynn is complicit in the Goodwillie disaster, but carries the can for the form. 

The window to change my view on this is very, very narrow. 

Edited by Michael W

27 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Only manager I can think of who doesn't make me recoil in horror is Craig Levein.  Not sure how achievable that is.

Must be pretty achievable. He took the job as a stop gap. He’s either a Rovers fan or at least has a soft spot for them.

4 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I also think McGlynn would be a good fit for them.

I think he’d do well given a couple of seasons, I doubt he’d get more than one at Falkirk to get it right though.

I’m a bit “better the devil you know” with McGlynn, I think things could improve and he could sort the mess out in the summer and the McBookie list of managers should we get rid would probably have me breaking out in a cold sweat. That said, we can’t be scared of change and I’d be excited about Levein or Paatelainen, every chance we just spin the wheel of fortune with Berra or some other rookie though.

Edited by Enigma

On 28/03/2022 at 21:16, pub car king said:

Just to take the thread off track for a quick minute. Stirling Albion are rereleasing an old kit from the 90s made by spall who are also remaking the kit (I was amazed they were still going) Anyway it must be knocking on the door of 30 years since the unbeaten season with that great team who also wore a kit made by spall. Would be good if the club could get a few made like the recent  copa cup final and europe ones. 

Here is Sinky looking resplendent in the afore mentioned design. 

Screenshot_20220328-211414_Chrome.jpg

I always loved that colour combo. Navy Blue, White and Red

We won’t be in any play off position, I did believe wholeheartedly that earlier in the season our 15 game unbeaten run was us actually pushing for it, especially with Killie stuttering in a league they could’ve bought easily. Which they eventually did in January.  My guess is the board of directors shat the bed as per usual and sabotaged it. Goodwillie wasn’t wanted by the fans and some of our directors. But I don’t think they expected the utter revulsion and resignations that came their way. That’s my take on it. We now have a team blowing out their arses, it showed last night, that we don’t have the energy for a battle. McGlynn signed a lot of perma crocks, all because they had a good name in footballing circles. Unfortunately we get them already injured or literally finished. McGlynn’s credit with the club or myself and many others is pretty much empty. A fresh perspective is needed. I do talk pish, but I have no other answer for what’s happened, or why it happened. The league itself showed we could have achieved promotion or a strong play off place. 

I think regardless of who is manager next season/over the close season we need to overhaul our fitness and conditioning setup. 

Year after year the team is fucked before the end of the season. We have constant injuries, sprains and strains keeping players out for weeks along with the massive things like ACLs. The team also look shattered at the end of games when other teams are pushing it til the very end. 

11 minutes ago, pub car king said:

I think regardless of who is manager next season/over the close season we need to overhaul our fitness and conditioning setup. 

Year after year the team is fucked before the end of the season. We have constant injuries, sprains and strains keeping players out for weeks along with the massive things like ACLs. The team also look shattered at the end of games when other teams are pushing it til the very end. 

Too much time spent on video analysis, and not enough time spent warming up properly or on players fitness.

Its all too technical and high time it was brought back to the basics

2 hours ago, Enigma said:

I think he’d do well given a couple of seasons, I doubt he’d get more than one at Falkirk to get it right though.

I’m a bit “better the devil you know” with McGlynn, I think things could improve and he could sort the mess out in the summer and the McBookie list of managers should we get rid would probably have me breaking out in a cold sweat. That said, we can’t be scared of change and I’d be excited about Levein or Paatelainen, every chance we just spin the wheel of fortune with Berra or some other rookie though.

I’m probably also in the ‘better the devil you know’ camp with McGlynn. I like the guy despite everything. 

If he does go I can see the Board making another disastrous appointment and us ending up in League 1 for another few years.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

This is one of those things that almost every fanbase in the country will think their team is uniquely bad at, imo. 

This is a bit second or third hand but I spoke to somebody who asked a physio at Motherwell if he knew of any reason why we get so many injuries and without elaborating his response was something along the lines of “I’ve seen your set up and put it this way I’m not surprised”. Is it a coincidence that we seem to have had a shocking amount of injuries ever since leaving Michael Woods?

13 minutes ago, Enigma said:

This is a bit second or third hand but I spoke to somebody who asked a physio at Motherwell if he knew of any reason why we get so many injuries and without elaborating his response was something along the lines of “I’ve seen your set up and put it this way I’m not surprised”. Is it a coincidence that we seem to have had a shocking amount of injuries ever since leaving Michael Woods?

Folk used to blame Michael Woods when we were there! I remember people on here saying that we started getting all the injuries when we started training there.