The New Raith Rovers Thread

So, our team could be:

McGurn

Booth - Ellis - NEW CB/Hill - Thomson

Cardle - Fox - Moon - Anderson

Spence - Elliot/Smith

Looking good!

Good luck to Joe at Raith. You guys have just bagged yourselfs a brilliant wee player. I know some of yous weren't that impressed with him when he signed at the tail end of last season but he had just came back from injury; rarely knew any of the players, their strengths and weaknesses etc. After a full pre-season of fitness and tactical training work he'll be a terrific signing for you guys and I wouldn't be surprised to see Raith firing in the goals with the amount of decent forward thinking players you now have in the squad. Anderson, Spence, Smith, Elliot and Cardle are all very good players for this level and defenders will now know they won't be getting an easy time of it against Raith this season.
He'll always be a Pars legend to me and I hope to see him back at EEP very soon as he's one of they players who, when he's on top form, can be worth the admission fee on it's own.
All the very best to the Rovers this season and hopefully we can rekindle the rivalry we have in a few seasons' time once my Club has managed, hopefully, to get back on it's feet and stabalised.

Edited by dafcburty

Should be a good signing.

Our first 11 is looking very decent on paper. Absolutely no depth whatsoever but we're looking good for this campaign. Best shape we've been in since promotion on paper.

Unless we lose to Sheffield United tomorrow night. If that happens I'd recommend a change in manager.

Delighted by that news. Genuinely surprised he's back at us. Cracking player on his day. Fair play to Murray, I think it probably meant a fair bit to Cardle he'd wait for him to go and have a trial down south at a bigger club than ourselves and let him have a crack in England. We've got a cracking squad and I'm starting to feel unusually optimistic. Hopefully this new team will get people filling up the seats again.

Buzzing for the new season!

McGurn

Laidlaw

Thomson

Ellis

Hill

Murray

Donaldson

Booth

Anderson

Moon

Fox

Callachan

Cardle

Vaughan

Spence

Elliot

Smith

Its a not bad sized squad, throw in the defender we need and maybe another midfielder for cover (tho Booth can play mid as well) looking pretty good

Delighted by that news. Genuinely surprised he's back at us. Cracking player on his day. Fair play to Murray, I think it probably meant a fair bit to Cardle he'd wait for him to go and have a trial down south at a bigger club than ourselves and let him have a crack in England. We've got a cracking squad and I'm starting to feel unusually optimistic. Hopefully this new team will get people filling up the seats again.

Buzzing for the new season!

+1

Cannot wait for the new season!

Get the centre back sorted and I will be really chuffed with the way things have went for us.

Not to mention the budget for 2 loans that Turnbull mentioned, really looking good for us.

Helluva lot of credit has to go to Murray for the way he's went about his business in pre-season. He's clearly sold the club well to these players. Hopefully he gets the team playing the right way and that the season is a success.

I'll admit I gave us no chance of being able to secure a player of Cardle's stature for this season and I'm delighted we've persevered.