The New Raith Rovers Thread

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That was a good watch, I'd sign the Left Back, Stanton is class as are a few others, Mathews looks a different player, and although McNeil was never really tested he has great potential, certainly wouldn't be worried if he had to take over in games

Do we know who the left back is

40 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Did Vaughan not get on at all? 

No, I think he'll get Montrose, like Gullan got today.

Brody Patterson (Trialist A) looked fine as either LB (and can player a little RB too) cover, or perhaps even starting. Maybe keep Dick primarily at CB with Watson. Corr and Masson if none of the other lines get a bite, and wait for a decent loanee? McGill can clearly cover LB (and RB?) as emergency cover, but is better forward.

Mullin looks very sharp already, Smith less sharp, but links well with Mullin. Matthews seemed happy lying deep, and Stanton was better forward than deep...Easton and Stanton's passing looked very nice.

Arnott got a little time and seemed useful, was utterly crestfallen when the penalty was called, as he's just got the ball to the left of the D and was shaping a shot...Nicholson (Trialist B) was in for a little bit, and didn't let himself down; would like to see him on a reserve team.

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

That's odd, Raith fans don't tend to lower themselves to that. 

Considering the poor guys been dead nearly 30 years, and long before some of these young supporters singing about him were born, I fail to see the point of them doing it 

Not bad for a fiver. Found myself zoning out in the 2nd half as it was an absolute snorefest. First impressions (I get it's our 1st friendly) - Easton and Stanton looked lively the former of which still guilty of trying to do too much at times when a simple pass would do. Gullan looked every bit a player that hadn't played in ages. Smith looked pretty meh and to not even hit the target when through 1 on 1 was criminal. Mullin looked decent. Hard to gauge the trialist left back in a game played at a snails pace against Linlithgow Rose. Masson was getting pelters at times from Millen in the 2nd half for reasons I don't know why. Comfortable win overall though. Cracking goal from Easton and couple of great finishes by Mullin. 

12 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Considering the poor guys been dead nearly 30 years, and long before some of these young supporters singing about him were born, I fail to see the point of them doing it 

That’s what happens when you mix stupidity, alcohol and warm weather!

Clueless wee laddies singing about NMcC are just that.

On to the game, a preseason kick about to sharpen things up and try things out. Shooting practice for Mullin, Gullan and Easton (some in more need of it than others). A good showing from most if not all with special mentions to McNeil, Trialist A, Masson, Stanton and of course Mullin for his 2 superb goals.

Montrose should prove a sterner test.

21 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

I'm going to sound old here, but I blame social media. There's been a big rise in this pish over the past wee while. They'll know it'll get a reaction. 

3 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I'm going to sound old here, but I blame social media. There's been a big rise in this pish over the past wee while. They'll know it'll get a reaction. 

Don't think you're wrong. That will also be where they even heard of such silly pish.