The New Raith Rovers Thread

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I heartily agree, but when the release emphasizes “sold” like it did, you hope that’s what they meant.

It didn’t emphasise “sold” it just said it. 
I think you’re delving too deep into semantics here and looking for meaning where none was intended. 

I’m not sure what other language they could have used to differentiate ‘paid for’ tickets from under 12 tickets but I’m sure they would have made it clearer if they’d wanted to which makes me think we have 1400 season ticket holders of all flavours for next season (so far). 

It would be good to know the split but if the club inform us it’ll be obvious, we wont have to be assuming based on the English they use in the press release. 

Anyone at the 200 club AGM yesterday that could give a wee update,couldn,t make it.Believe there were many changes on the agenda.

Cant remember it being mentioned but catering suppliers changing for this season,butcher in Kelty now.

12 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Here, those pies are the berries. That's a bigger coup than bringing in Jack Hamilton. 

A stack of pies at number 9 when he gets injured then?

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Anyone at the 200 club AGM yesterday that could give a wee update,couldn,t make it.Believe there were many changes on the agenda.

Cant remember it being mentioned but catering suppliers changing for this season,butcher in Kelty now.

John Simpson has apparently decided to retire from the catering.

Probably too much from the 200 club AGM to write on here, but pretty much that the proposals laid out in the email are not really proposals, but done deals.

The idea of having draught beer seems appealing, but I'm not sure the logistics of the rush at full time, the queue out of the door and staff pulling pints from one lager and one heavy tap in the confined space behind the bar have been fully thought through. Folk will be waiting for their first pint at 6 o'clock.

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Probably too much from the 200 club AGM to write on here, but pretty much that the proposals laid out in the email are not really proposals, but done deals.

The idea of having draught beer seems appealing, but I'm not sure the logistics of the rush at full time, the queue out of the door and staff pulling pints from one lager and one heavy tap in the confined space behind the bar have been fully thought through. Folk will be waiting for their first pint at 6 o'clock.

Cheers SG

Yeah knew John Simpson was retiring,believe hes still keeping his place down the harbour

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Draught beer in a pub is ok but in a place used once a week/two weeks/three weeks doesn't make sense, probably cost more and needs to be maintained/cleaned, I remember the raith suite had draught beer and it varied from honking to undrinkable  

Right, sado me has just been on the Fanbase sight and not including the railway stand, there's roughly about 1600 unavailable  seats. So the answer to the question is that 1400 season tickets sold sounds about right if you take away the under 12s.