The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, keyser_soze said:

I can remember fucking off when Ross County scored a 3rd against our superb Argentinian goalkeeper, his name thankfully escapes me at this time (Ramierez?), anyhoo I went to the Path Tavern, 10 minutes walk and drive, only to find out by the time I got there it was 7. Best walk out early ever !!

Ramiro Gonzalez is the man you're thinking of. 

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I left before half time when Rangers beat us 6-0 at Starks to win the league in the 96/97 season. It was when they went 3 up and must've been around the 35-40 minute mark

I was sat in the Railway Stand which was 90% full of them and I'd had quite enough of that. 

Mines was the Motherwell game that same year. I was on the radio literally in tears that I wanted Munro gone. 

That Queens Park game last season was probably the most freak results I've seen. I think they had two deflections, and a couple of goals right after we missed sitters. It felt like any time they went forward, they hit the net. One of the worst I've seen was Morton away. Pissing rain, Grant Murray got sent off, and we lost 5-0. Scotland also got pumped by Wales that day.

St Mirren away under Yogi needs pulled up too. He sat in the dugout most of the game, didn't change a thing until it was too late, then left us the legacy of those press conferences. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That Queens Park game last season was probably the most freak results I've seen. I think they had two deflections, and a couple of goals right after we missed sitters. It felt like any time they went forward, they hit the net. One of the worst I've seen was Morton away. Pissing rain, Grant Murray got sent off, and we lost 5-0. Scotland also got pumped by Wales that day.

How was the Queens Park defeat a freak result. Over the course of the season they were waaaaaay better than us. 

19 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

I bet you were Meh!! about it eh!

pumped 1-5 at home Atleast we went down that season. We should know our place in the grand scheme of things. 

Well I was only about 10 so….🤷‍♂️😂

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I remember someone graffitiing the windows of the team mini bus after that, they wrote 7-0 sh..e on it, only for someone on fantalk to complain that it should have read 0-7!

It was 7-1. We went 1-0 down, equalised and then got walloped. 

We left at 5. 

Edited by Michael W

2 minutes ago, Stardog_champion said:

Was that the Ross County game. I bought a house that very same day, unfortunately I bought it from a fellow Rovers fan that was heading to the game . Poor guy 😢

Talk about kicking a man while he's down. Hope you made him a fair offer!

24 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

That Queens Park game last season was probably the most freak results I've seen. I think they had two deflections, and a couple of goals right after we missed sitters.

Granted 5-2 didn’t really reflect the game, would hardly of said it was an incredibly freak result. Plus at that point in the season, we were scoring goals for fun. We were just clinical on the day. Could of easily been 6 when Thomas smacked the post when going for the hatrick 

Curious to see how you guys get on this season. Seems like as always, you’ve got nice technical players but Hamilton may prove to be the difference this time. Interested to see how you fit all the creative guys in 

Edited by qpfc

7 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Granted 5-2 didn’t really reflect the game, would hardly of said it was an incredibly freak result. We were just clinical on the day. Could of easily been 6 when Thomas smacked the post when going for the hatrick 

Curious to see how you guys get on this season. Seems like as always, you’ve got nice technical players but Hamilton may prove to be the difference this time. Interested to see how you fit all the creative guys in 

Yea it’s weird eh. Your club were absolute No Marks for nearly a 100 years and suddenly you decide it’s time to re establish yourselves. Lord Haughey a Celtic devotee comes along and pumps a shit ton of money into something that could’ve been huge back in the day, your 500 fans must be gushing with pride. But nah. Amateur football was the way to go. You fucking let Rangers and Celtic take all that glory. I just do t get it. 

I have the dubious honour of having left both Highland grounds around the 65 minute mark after seeing us turn in rotten performances in the early 2000s (I hasten to add that I grew up near Inverness so in both cases I was back home before the final whistle). One was an end of season game up at Ross County, where Martin Prest ran riot and we ended up losing 4-0. The other was a midweek game at Inverness where Dennis Wyness had scored a hat-trick by half time and we ultimately conceded 5. Grim times.